• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why, Punkbuster? Why?

89ShadowUK

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2011
And so it begins AGAIN, as with every game that uses this rubbish!

Errors, errors, and more errors, I'd say Punkbuster is good, but I can't even play with it - I remember when I tried to play APB Reloaded, which was a PunkBuster client. And the amaount of uninstalling and reinstalling I had to do for that to stop the errors.

I really. really. hate. punkbuster.

Have you tried manually updating Punkbuster? I did it after downloading the latest beta patch- years of PB errors has me expecting them.

I haven't had any PB problems after about 1.5 hours on a few servers. *knock on wood.

To manually update go to Evenbalance's website and download pbsetup here.

-Once you've downloaded it, extract the pbsetup.exe file into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2beta folder.
-Add Heroes of Stalingrad when you run it the first time, and once HOS is showing up- simply press "Check for Updates".

I'm not saying this will fix it, but it won't hurt if you're having problems.

Upvote 0
punkbuster wont let u play as long as its not working proberly. if one of the many progresses the punkbuster client fails you will be kicked from a server as long as punkbuster isnt working again.
imo this is very good because this will disable many cheaters to play on secured servers when they have a cheat that modifies the game.
sure its annoying when you cant play but id rather play not because there is a problem that can be fixed than cheaters on every server. btw it supports pbbans

Upvote 0
2 Options for serveradmins:
1) Let cheaters in because some people can't use google to fix their Punkbuster problems.
2) Turn on Punkbuster and have people that can't use google to fix their Punkbuster problems cry on forums.

Seriously, most (if not all) Punkbuster problems can be fixed by running PBSetup ( http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-hos.php )

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
Things to try if PB is kicking you:
- Updating PB with PBSetup
- Disable the Steam overlay
- Temporarily disabling your Firewall/AV
- Setting the game .exe to Run as Administrator
- Disable recording software (FRAPS, MSI Afterburner, etc)
- Disable overclocking/hardware control software

Upvote 0