• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Mis-Horzinebunker_v1_2

Sugarfree

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Austria, Graz
I've made a small missionmap for my GMK-Community. Buildingtime approx 1,5 Month. Should be played on Suicidal with 4-6 Players. Duration should be between 25-35 minutes :)

Here some shots:

Downloadlink (Beta5): http://www.gamefront.com/files/20441099/KF-MIS-HorzinebunkerBeta5.rar

The map can also be found on our Storymapserver:

Have Fun and please tell me what you think about it. :>

Last edited:
Reactions: PiX
But there is a small Pathing-issue though. The Zeds try to go to places with UseTriggers,

In your script for the use trigger add another WaitForEvent

WaitForEvent: Ready1B

WaitforEvent: (Use trigger event)

Then when you want the players to be able to use the Use trigger then you trigger Ready1B

this will make it so zombies cant spam your triggers at the wrong times lol
Also with this method Players now cant spam the Use trigger either

Upvote 0
The download was in another language, followed by a "get the hell outta here" warning by my internet security program, so I skampered. What is that about, is my firewall xenophobic? ;)

Strange. There is nothing wrong about this Download-mirror. I use this webhoster everytime i have something to upload.

In your script for the use trigger add another WaitForEvent

WaitForEvent: Ready1B

WaitforEvent: (Use trigger event)

Then when you want the players to be able to use the Use trigger then you trigger Ready1B

this will make it so zombies cant spam your triggers at the wrong times lol
Also with this method Players now cant spam the Use trigger either

Do you mean placing a Trigger with "trigger_class" -> KFHumanPawn ?
I solved it this way to prevent players from "spamming": When you Use the UseTrigger, the scripted trigger destroys via ACTION_DestroyActor the UseTrigger, then proceeds with the scripts. The thing is, Zeds can f* up this, if they trigger it before the Player does. But thank you for this Tip Fel!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played some of it (died at the lab door that you hack) and must say it is a really good start.

The map has a good layout. I wouldn't change that at all. It does however need more detail still. Maybe some grunge and more wires. Also, in those longer hallways I would maybe use the bsp tool to cut or add in pillars along the sides. Or use a static mesh pillar to break up the normal straight 4-sided hallways.

The lighting needs work though. Majority of light fixtures I saw didn't have a corona on them, and the ones that did were way too bright. I think you should add coronas to all light fixtures that you want to appear as though they are giving off light. Also, the lighting seemed a little bit too bright. I would mess with radius and brightness to get nicer lighting. Maybe add some triggered lights as well.

Game play is at a good starting point. The first wave feels good, although after I hit the elevator button no zeds came at all and I feel like there should be a few. You also need to put some more ammo boxes in the map as well. I suggest testing the map on normal difficulty with 4-6 players and make sure that no one ever runs completely out of ammo. The lab door that I died at, while it was on solo mode, seems a little too hard with the amount of zeds that spawn.

I look forward to playing an updated version of this. :)

Upvote 0
Just played some of it (died at the lab door that you hack) and must say it is a really good start.

The map has a good layout. I wouldn't change that at all. It does however need more detail still. Maybe some grunge and more wires. Also, in those longer hallways I would maybe use the bsp tool to cut or add in pillars along the sides. Or use a static mesh pillar to break up the normal straight 4-sided hallways.

The lighting needs work though. Majority of light fixtures I saw didn't have a corona on them, and the ones that did were way too bright. I think you should add coronas to all light fixtures that you want to appear as though they are giving off light. Also, the lighting seemed a little bit too bright. I would mess with radius and brightness to get nicer lighting. Maybe add some triggered lights as well.

Game play is at a good starting point. The first wave feels good, although after I hit the elevator button no zeds came at all and I feel like there should be a few. You also need to put some more ammo boxes in the map as well. I suggest testing the map on normal difficulty with 4-6 players and make sure that no one ever runs completely out of ammo. The lab door that I died at, while it was on solo mode, seems a little too hard with the amount of zeds that spawn.

I look forward to playing an updated version of this. :)

Do you mean the Button which called the Elevator? It was supposed that you fight you way inside and call the elevator while you are still in wave 1. But it will be no problem to "cut" wave 1 into 2 parts. :>

About those long hallways: Did you mean those in the Labs or those before? (Where you arrive at the bottom of the big elevator). I've tested the map with 5 Players on Suicidal. We're getting low on Ammo but never run out after all. But also thanks on this. I'll add a box more or two.

Upvote 0
Finished v1.4
Changed all Emitters to Networkemitter so they will work online.
Changed Spawnscripts (Elevator + Severs), also changed some Spawns.
Added some minior details and bit more ammo.
Added Objective-markers, to ensure people know where to go.

Link: http://www.filefront.com/17924070/horzinebunker_v1_4.rar

Please let me know how the balance is and if there is enough ammo available.

Upvote 0