• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Smoke shells, smoke grenades, and smoke screens

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
In other words, smoke.

I'd love to see the implementation of smoke ordinace for tanks, allowing obscuring enemy fire and movement*.

Smoke screens to cover your own movement.

Smoke grenades carried by officers to cover movement.

Nice to see someday.

*Great when trying to outflank an enemy or get within firing/penetration range.

Mormegil said:
In other words, smoke.

I'd love to see the implementation of smoke ordinace for tanks, allowing obscuring enemy fire and movement*.

Smoke screens to cover your own movement.

Smoke grenades carried by officers to cover movement.

Nice to see someday.

*Great when trying to outflank an enemy or get within firing/penetration range.

This was one of my biggest wishes in the mod. With smoke, the most open maps would be much more fun

Upvote 0
Smoke would be interesting when it would be awaylable like arty strikes:
Set a arty-point -> go to radio -> choose kind of strike(smoke or arty, sometimes only one kind awaylable) -> have fun
We could also change the amount-system for arty. Imagine a map with an amount of...8 strikes. CAlling smoke would cost 1 strike, while real artillery costs two points...

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
does any of you remember Cole's Charge from Brothers in Arms?
Yes:D
Was a very interesting mission with this really heavy smoke...
Nimsky said:
Weren't mortars able to fire smoke grenades as well?
Not really sure, but I think...yes. Would be also interesting, a system like on Tali: You go to a crate, pick up a smoke shell, go to a mortar, press use, can choose on the map where you want the shell explode(choose with a mouseclick), and press ENTER/use.
Would be fine.

Upvote 0
smoke can be good but it can also get to the point where people are throwing them just for the sake of throwing them and then the whole map is covered in smoke. It would need to be limited to maybe arty and maybe 1 smoke nade for a certain class. any thing more and it just becomes something you throw the second you leave spawn. People complain about nade spam image in with smoke nades. You wouldnt die but the whole map would be covered in smoke.

Upvote 0
malice said:
smoke can be good but it can also get to the point where people are throwing them just for the sake of throwing them and then the whole map is covered in smoke. It would need to be limited to maybe arty and maybe 1 smoke nade for a certain class. any thing more and it just becomes something you throw the second you leave spawn. People complain about nade spam image in with smoke nades. You wouldnt die but the whole map would be covered in smoke.

Definately, I think one smoke grenade for the officer is plenty.

As far as smoke for tank shells, this could probably only be implemented if different types of rounds are available...besides smoke grenade launchers.

Upvote 0
Richard_B. said:
Yes:D
Was a very interesting mission with this really heavy smoke...
Not really sure, but I think...yes. Would be also interesting, a system like on Tali: You go to a crate, pick up a smoke shell, go to a mortar, press use, can choose on the map where you want the shell explode(choose with a mouseclick), and press ENTER/use.
Would be fine.

NEIN! NYET! Thats too easy! Id MUCH rather have them have "real" aiming, where you actually have to aim the mortar yourself(like arty in BF42/Desert Combat), hate auto aim(ie, click and few secs later, ARTY STRIKE!). Id prefer it require actual skill, rather than than being "click and drop arty", but its probably just me...

Upvote 0