• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Permanent Unlocks are here to stay then?

then explain why those who pre-ordered the DDE will get day one unlocks of the mkb42, avt40 and both semi-auto sniper rifles?

Yea, there really needs to be a guide to this game laid out on the front page because it is all very confusing. I understand that some of it had only just been finalized recently because of the tweaking with the beta.

It is also confusing playing some of the game modes as there is no indication (unless I missed it) as to how many team points have accumulated until the end of the round.

So as I understand it then, the DDE owners will have access to those respective weapons, but only when they've been selected for a field promotion? I'd imagine they would also have access to them should they happen to select the marksman class?

I really hope it is like this as having a majority of players given access to scoped weapons would seem to ruined a lot of the game play (camp/snipe-fests)

Upvote 0
Man it's like watching X-Files with all the half truths and cloak & dagger theroies around here.

No unlocks were available for most of the beta, and then people could start leveling up for the last few days, plus they gave everybody bayos. Those who could level up on a working ranked server, could start unlocking all other weapons like what all the regular version buyers have to do.

And from my understanding of things, after the game is released, those who bought the DDE, don't have to grind for the bayos, the mkb42, or the scoped semi-autos.... they're available to all DDE buyers.

At least that how I read things & understood it.... because if I was supposed to only get them in the beta, I'll be a little PO'd, because the only thing that I ever got was the bayo'rifles and my ranks always reset on me each map load.

And if you only get them unlocked in SP and maybe FireFight.... I'd sure like to see where that fine print was hiding when I bought the game through Steam .

(/:\)->---< = me not impressed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am fairly sure what Praxius said is correct. Now you won't have to grind for the bayonet, or semiautomatic sniper rifles in the multiplayer. Similiar to how it was in RO1 I guess. And I am fairly sure you can only use the AVT40 and Mkb42 in Firefight, where there are no limits. In territory game-mode I think there will be only one player on each team (the hero) to have those elite assault weapons. It will NOT mean that every assault trooper will be running around with those guns.

Tripwire is better than that!

Upvote 0
In territory game-mode I think there will be only one player on each team (the hero) to have those elite assault weapons. It will NOT mean that every assault trooper will be running around with those guns.

Tripwire is better than that!

Wrong, there's tiers of hero units per team.

16 Players - 2 Heroes (possible to go to 8)
32 Players - 4 Heroes (possible to go to 16)
64 Players - 6 Heroes (possible to go to 32)

Upvote 0
Man it's like watching X-Files with all the half truths and cloak & dagger theroies around here.

And if you only get them unlocked in SP and maybe FireFight.... I'd sure like to see where that fine print was hiding when I bought the game through Steam .

(/:\)->---< = me not impressed.

No, I am saying you will probably be able to use them ( avt-40 / mkb42 ) in FF and maybe single player without needing to be a veteran ( otherwise there is no point having them early ). The semi auto snipers I would imagine you will be able to use in any game mode as long as you are a sniper, unless you need to attain veteran status to use them in territory and countdown.

Yes, it would be nice to get some clarification.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just because it's unlocked doesn't mean you have access to that class (in TE/CD/MP Campaign). If the only class left is Rifleman, don't expect to get an assult rifle just because you have it unlocked. Pretty simple, and self explainitory, for those who actually thought about it.

This is what I was trying to get across earlier, with little success :p

Upvote 0
Imagine if TWI had gotten creative with the game instead of offering "unlocks".

All this talk would be moot, and we'd be talking about the possibilities of a unique new playing paradigm.

I'm scared, but will wait until the game is out for a few weeks to make the call: whether or not I will continue to play.

Five years of RO loyalty hang in the balance.

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
Imagine if TWI had gotten creative with the game instead of offering "unlocks".

All this talk would be moot, and we'd be talking about the possibilities of a unique new playing paradigm.

I'm scared, but will wait until the game is out for a few weeks to make the call: whether or not I will continue to play.

Five years of RO loyalty hang in the balance.

Implementing gimmicks was a better use of their time rather than keeping it true to the original.

But hey, I'm glad there's such awesome gimmicks as "XP" and "ranking up" to keep us occupied, as apparently we all have the attention span of the typical cod gamer.

Upvote 0
Implementing gimmicks was a better use of their time rather than keeping it true to the original.

But hey, I'm glad there's such awesome gimmicks as "XP" and "ranking up" to keep us occupied, as apparently we all have the attention span of the typical cod gamer.
I don't blame them for trying to make money. Developers of niche games are either very small teams with no production value or they die off quickly. Sad truth.

Upvote 0