• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] Only allowed one refresh of the Server Browser

I read a few other topics and did not find one exactly the same as my error. Basically when I click "Multiplayer" I might get about 8-10 servers and if I click "Refresh", then my server browser will blank and I have to restart game game to get it again.

Also, I cannot sort by most players in the server.

My server list will go blank sometime as well after hitting refresh, but sometime does come back after a wait. I got aorund it be adding some servers to my favourites, so then I can go straight to them.

Upvote 0
not only that...
for me as soon as i refresh or cancel a connection. ROHOS freezes my whole internet. (can't establish any NEW connections. for example: mumble stays connected and all but as soon as i disconnect a mumble server and try to reconnect it fails.)

i need to kill steam in the task manager, deactivated and reactivate my lan-connaction to be able to establish new internet connections.

Upvote 0
My server list will go blank sometime as well after hitting refresh, but sometime does come back after a wait. I got aorund it be adding some servers to my favourites, so then I can go straight to them.

I've never gotten it back.

not only that...
for me as soon as i refresh or cancel a connection. ROHOS freezes my whole internet. (can't establish any NEW connections. for example: mumble stays connected and all but as soon as i disconnect a mumble server and try to reconnect it fails.)

i need to kill steam in the task manager, deactivated and reactivate my lan-connaction to be able to establish new internet connections.

Well I'm thankful I don't have any problems like that.

----

I blame PunkBuster, why couldn't we just use VAC?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same here as well. It is pretty much a race to find a server quick before I drop connection... If I don't get in one in time my entire net craps out and I have to reboot my router.

Out of curiosity what model router are you guys using? I have a Westell 327W and I saw one other post from a person having the same problem with the same router.

Upvote 0
I don't have RO2 yet, but I think this might be a Steam/router issue because I have this exact same problem when trying to play TF2. I get the initial refresh. If I try to refresh again, the pre-existing list clears and my router locks up.

Not sure, thing is I can play several other multiplayer games on steam with no issue, this is the first game that has ever done this for me.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've noticed that sometimes if I minimize the game and do other things, browse the internet etc, and come back to the game after 5 or 10 minutes, that a few servers will show up.

Almost as if there is a severe delay at times and it seems like no servers are showing, but you will get them if you wait a long time. Still, quicker to restart the game and Steam.

Upvote 0