• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Optimization hasn't changed anything!

Fisher

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Crawley, England
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Processor 3 GHz
RAM: 4GB
System type: Windows 7 64 bit
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430
PSU: OCZ StealthXstreamII 500
GPU: MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE AM3

I still only get 15 fps at any settings on 64 players, and only 20-25 on 16 player games! I have tried that umbra thing without any gain. On every other game, my gpu usage is always 99%, on here it goes from 80 to 0 to 60 etc. It needs fixing!

I get much more noticeable pop-ins on models, which makes Spartanovka kind of irritating with all the fences and stuff... but my framerate is slightly better.

That'll be the Umbra Culling which now defaults to 'normal' :) Increase it to remove the pop-ins/ups and reduce/increase fps depending on your system.

There has been some optimisation for 32bit users, but being x64 here I can't comment on any improvements.

[TW]Redeye gives a far better explanation of umbra culling here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That'll be the Umbra Culling which now defaults to 'normal' Increase it to remove the pop-ins/ups and reduce/increase fps depending on your system.

There has been some optimisation for 32bit users, but being x64 here I can't comment on any improvements.

Im on windows 7 64 bit...does this mean both of us don't have optimization yet?

Upvote 0
I notice all these problems occuring with AMD hardware.
Its perfectly fine hardware, its strange...very, very strange.

Hardly, I see equally much nVidia/Intels with performance issue. My system is AMD + ATI, the game runs like a dream.

On a somewhat unrelated note, APB runs on a modified Unreal engine and although even the devs say how much more intel/nvidia is supported cos they are one of the biggest investors, AMD/ATI setups seem to have a lot less problems than intels and nvidias there :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That'll be the Umbra Culling which now defaults to 'normal' :) Increase it to remove the pop-ins/ups and reduce/increase fps depending on your system.

How do you increase this?

Upvote 0
i advise everyone who is getting bad performance to do the following..

1. download a driver cleaner (there is plenty out there)
2. uninstall your graphics drivers
3. run the driver cleaner to get the files the uninstaller missed
4. reboot
5. download latest drivers (ensure they are correct drivers)
6. install latest drivers
7. reboot if prompted
8. defrag. (do this at least once a week i also reccomend using defraggler)

its obviously client side now as the game pretty much runs perfect (needs a few minor tweaks to boost performance even more)

im running an AMD Phenom II x2 550 Black Edition @ 3.11ghz, 4gb ram and a HD6870 and im getting a framerate of 80-90..

it cannot be the game if somebody with a dual core is getting framerates higher than people with x4's and x6's... just doesn't make sense...

anyways, the above steps is what i always do when installing new drivers, it may be timely.. but it sure shows its worth it.

also as for my settings, im using a mix of high and ultra.

Upvote 0
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Processor 3 GHz
RAM: 4GB
System type: Windows 7 64 bit
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430
PSU: OCZ StealthXstreamII 500
GPU: MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE AM3

I still only get 15 fps at any settings on 64 players, and only 20-25 on 16 player games! I have tried that umbra thing without any gain. On every other game, my gpu usage is always 99%, on here it goes from 80 to 0 to 60 etc. It needs fixing!

Old system, prolly needs to be upgraded.

lol

Upvote 0