• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades?!

Nobody guessed this mistake?

Nobody guessed this mistake?

Lemon and Sturm have both mentioned this.. but nobody seemed to pay attention.

At the point of the throw the sprinting thrower must come to a complete stop, twist his upper body sideways and transfer his momentum into the right arm swing. In the game, the character is sprinting full speed, throws a grenade to a good 20-30 metres, but does not stop. How comes all the realism supporters omitted this point?

Upvote 0
Lemon and Sturm have both mentioned this.. but nobody seemed to pay attention.

At the point of the throw the sprinting thrower must come to a complete stop, twist his upper body sideways and transfer his momentum into the right arm swing. In the game, the character is sprinting full speed, throws a grenade to a good 20-30 metres, but does not stop. How comes all the realism supporters omitted this point?

Ever seen a javelin thrower at athletics events?? He has to force himself to stop before a certain line. Mark the work force, because you have the tendancy to make a run through at the end of a running throw.

Upvote 0
Ever seen a javelin thrower at athletics events?? He has to force himself to stop before a certain line. Mark the work force, because you have the tendancy to make a run through at the end of a running throw.

Ah yes, but that momentum is very different- it is the momentum mostly coming from the throw itself as he twists his body in the direction of the trajectory. So the cycle that you observe is: the thrower accelerates into the sprint; the thrower quickly slows down as he reaches the launching point; the thrower throws the javelin and only then moves forward again from momentum. This is not the case in RO where 100% of forward movement is maintained and there are no acceleration/deceleration cycles.

Upvote 0
Do some reading about Stalingrad, Nylle (but I think you did).
Stalingrad: Grenade capitol of the world (basically)

Well I guess I'm probably wrong, I based my fact on documentaries and other small sources. (none mentioned nothing about grenades in particular, instead saying "supplies were short" and this mostly referred to the the time the Germans where cut off.

When I first saw the picture of the stormtroopers lined up I thought it was more of propaganda and such. Smile for the camera and bring up all the expensive equipment ;)

Cheers and thanks for correcting me. One grenade would be enough in RO2 though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0