• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

OK I have to correct myself - Assault on Dark Athena completely SUCKS.

1) Stealth mechanics are completely broken and don't work
2) The game is extremely unbalanced
3) The game simply crashes as a certain point and the only way around this bug is to load the next level via console, since
4) ABSOLUTELY ZERO SUPPORT by those Atari retards
5) Game crashes again after the already even on easy difficulty almost impossible bossfight against Revas, which made me uninstall this piece of gargabe

They might have just as well have let some indian $1/day contractors develop this game.

Upvote 0
Thanks but I'm mainly looking for a new storyline or sth. that would give me a new reason to play it through. Though I heard that there's a Ravenshield mod out that adds a lots of guns, ironsights etc? Might be checking that out.

Also there's sooo many horror games that are waiting to be played atm:

Amnesia -> still only 3/4 way through
Nightmare House 2
Doom 3 + Expansion
System Shock 2
Call of Cthulhu
And soon Dead Space 2 :eek:

Reactions: {Core}Craig
Upvote 0
Thanks but I'm mainly looking for a new storyline or sth. that would give me a new reason to play it through. Though I heard that there's a Ravenshield mod out that adds a lots of guns, ironsights etc? Might be checking that out.

Also there's sooo many horror games that are waiting to be played atm:

Amnesia -> still only 3/4 way through
Nightmare House 2
Doom 3 + Expansion
System Shock 2
Call of Cthulhu
And soon Dead Space 2 :eek:

I think I'm gonna try to finish Dead Space 1 this weekend, although I have to start all over since I did a fresh Windows install without saving my savegames D;

Upvote 0
I think I'm gonna try to finish Dead Space 1 this weekend, although I have to start all over since I did a fresh Windows install without saving my savegames D;

I've the first one both for PC and 360, and even tho iam a pure PC gamer, Deadspace is so obviously designed for consoles.. playing it on the PC is sadly almost ruining it, i suggest that if you've access to a console you enjoy Deadspace 2 there if you tend to grab that one.

Upvote 0
You know how often that happens to me? I missed FO3+ME1/ME2+DA:O+FO:NV DLC all because my HDD suddenly broke down/system crashed at the time. Now thinking about this actually makes me wanna try to repair my old HDD and see if I can find my ME2 savegames, because I really wanna play that DLC.

Upvote 0
I would save Call of Cthulhu for one of the last, unless you are a serious H.P. Lovecraft fan. Because the game itself is only so-so. It's decently atmospheric, but it's pretty barebones in terms of levels and well, gamey stuff. Which maybe is how you like your horror games. For me, Dark Corners of Earth only gets good about 1/2 way through the game. The parts up to that are rather tedious, story withstanding.

Upvote 0
I would save Call of Cthulhu for one of the last, unless you are a serious H.P. Lovecraft fan. Because the game itself is only so-so. It's decently atmospheric, but it's pretty barebones in terms of levels and well, gamey stuff. Which maybe is how you like your horror games. For me, Dark Corners of Earth only gets good about 1/2 way through the game. The parts up to that are rather tedious, story withstanding.
Well I got the Necronomicon lying on the desk next to me so I ought to try the game :p Not such a huge fan or anything though, but I like the kind of horror.

Upvote 0
i reinstalled BiA Hells highway, after previously dablling in MP, and did the story.
Ok models/visual effects (prob not as good as MoH:A), poor sound effects(definately not)
The suppression indicators in single ruined the immersion almost as badly as 3rd person cover ruins multi. (maybe i should try authentic)

It also felt like i was continuously destroying flak '88 (did you ever do anything else?) and it seemed more relaxed than the hell i was expecting from Market Garden (although i appreciate phaps my division's RL role wasn't as desperate and intense as the 1st airborne say), and certainly not as dramatic as the cutscenes hinted it would be.

As to the cut scenes, they were great and kept me going through the game with good staging and dialogue - however the 'issue' that get's refered to in the plot - rather than reaching some kind of resolution or climax, (or at least any kind of development) end's up being discarded as if the devs had no idea how to finish what they started.
disappointing tbh.

Upvote 0