• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mosin Nagant Vs. Kar98k.

Karabiner 98K.

350px-Karabiner_98k.jpg

Upvote 0
@Mekhazzio, that is actually possible with the Mosin Nagant. There is a video about it somewhere on the forums. Good luck on finding it though ^^

I got the Kar98 at level 50 at the moment and am a veteran rifleman so have acces to the Mosin Nagant as well as I mostly play german. The Mosin Nagant is a bit easier to aim with in my opinion and the bolting somehow feels smoother. Even though the Kar98 is reputed for being the OMG this is the best bolter ever. Usually stick with the Kar98 unless I forget to swap to it and end up with the Mosin Nagant. Good job to whoever thought I want to spawn with enemy gear by default :confused:

Upvote 0
IRL the mosin has better ballistics, so if anything the mosin

Going to have to call you on that, I love Mosin Nagants (Own three of them, two Finns and an Izzy) but 7.92x57 is a far better cartridge than 7.62x54r. A larger, rimless round with a higher grain bullet. I must argue that, while similar, the war-time Mauser round has better ballistics than war-time Nugget food.

In game I prefer to use the K98. In my experience they function exactly alike, so when I have the choice I use the rifle which I think looks fancier.

Upvote 0