• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Attack, and aim at the enemy for IS2's sake!

I say 'lets'. A rifleman is just a body with a cheap gun, you are as valuable in the cap zone as any other. Don't think for a second you have a battlefield role hanging back fighting at long range, you are a frontline soldier. SMGs may be first through the door but you are trailing just 5 meters behind with bayonet raised. Only stop to shoot if it actually helps the team get onto the cap, otherwise advance advance advance. I am tired of seeing people stop to take pot shots at someone running sideways 150m away, it doesn't help the team effort at all. Being on the cap and fighting from within the cap zone wins games.

Every map is about getting into the cap zone with more men than the enemy, killing the enemy only keeps him out of the game for 5-20 seconds. It doesn't matter what weapon you have, advance and fight from as far forward as you can. When you shoot the enemy you want to be there when you suddenly start outnumbering the warm bodies on the objective or else it was a needless kill.
You cannot force people to do what they do not wish to do in a game like this. If they are motivated by those things I suggested to stay back and shoot stuff, then that can be worked around. They will probably end up doing a lot more for the team if they help cap and help defend cap zones, than the nothing that they are often currently doing while people demand they rush like assaulters.

Upvote 0
See, this is what happens when you wait so long for anything even attempting to do realism. What gaming has been teaching us for ages is that if your weapon doesn't do more than 600 rounds per minute then you're a scopeless sniper. But I agree with some people, those newbies that don't go away after a few days will likely learn to help out. Also if you try to shoot the enemy from up-close with a rifle you're doing it wrong! Although it'd be easier if I had my bayonet from day 1, but at least it's not too long to unlock. Seriously, off topic, but the bayonet is the best gun in the game (I know what I just said). I could swear I'm dodging bullets when I charge downhall against an enemy with an smg, but I know that it's actually just him dropping a load and firing his gun into his ceiling.

Upvote 0
Hilarious to hear the 'experts' complaining about noobs. The only difference is that you 'experts' started playing with the beta before anyone else. Congrats on your head start :rolleyes:. You know damn well that the more the merrier for all.

The noobs will catch up. The ADD crowd will leave an go back some crappy movie-based FP shooters like the idiotic MOH. In the meantime, hang in there. We'll be at your level soon enough.

I never claim to be an expert we are all still learning maps/positioning in this "new game".When you here people talk about RO vets their talking about the people who played ro1 for years.While it is a new game the tactics and general gunplay is the same and can be applied to the current game.

Upvote 0
Some of the problem springs from the Commander/Squad leaders not doing their job. They are not calling in the artillery or popping smoke and yet you hear moans when people don't cross a kill zone to get into the cap area. You see it all the time, waves of people trying to move forward and just getting mowed down. What the heck good is just dying on the way there going to do?

Upvote 0
Some of the problem springs from the Commander/Squad leaders not doing their job. They are not calling in the artillery or popping smoke and yet you hear moans when people don't cross a kill zone to get into the cap area. You see it all the time, waves of people trying to move forward and just getting mowed down. What the heck good is just dying on the way there going to do?

^^^ This x 1000.

The problem isn't noobs, it's incompetence on the parts of SLs and Commanders. People DO push. How many times have you seen strong Axis pushes stopped cold in front of the Grain Elevator, and the poor bastards are just getting chopped to pieces?

SLs need to be there popping smoke, calling arty, and giving orders. People need direction. If you give them orders, something to move towards, 9/10 of the people out there will try to get it done.

People are just plain terrified of going into the open and getting killed, it's safer to stay back and camp. They need some guidance, a calming presence on VoIP telling them what has to be done would do wonders.

Now if only VoIP wasn't broke...

Upvote 0
You cannot force people to do what they do not wish to do in a game like this. If they are motivated by those things I suggested to stay back and shoot stuff, then that can be worked around. They will probably end up doing a lot more for the team if they help cap and help defend cap zones, than the nothing that they are often currently doing while people demand they rush like assaulters.

If only they were defending an actual objective when they were not providing the bodies needed at the enemy cap zone...

Unless your team needs bodies holding off an enemy attempt at taking your home objective, you are several times more useful fighting from within the enemy cap zone. There is no way to argue around this, taking caps wins games, and for that you need a majority of your team playing with objectives in mind, not deluding themselves that their ~10 kills per round is maybe helping the team effort in some untold way.

If you are not taking objectives you are useless in Territory mode and only occasionally useful in delaying the enemy steamrollering of our objectives..

Upvote 0
I've found a lot of players who want to play as a team but aren't sure what to do. If I spawn and find a bunch of people just milling about I'll go on voip and say "Hey 'playername' lets go get D!" or whatever. Just encourage team play. More often than not, I can get an impromptu squad together and cap. If you're on a crappy team, take the lead.

For me the biggest downer is negativity. Yeah, there's some guys who are just clueless, but I get more bugged by the guys who do know what they're doing, being assholes to the guys that don't. When my commander comes on and tells us how stupid we all are, I don't exactly get motivated to win for this guy. I'd rather shoot him in the face. I may start doing that. Some folks just don't have managerial skills.

Upvote 0
This annoys me. Maybe if you tell them they get more 'XP' if they cap the point and actually help the team, they will do it.

Maybe if TWI would remove kills from the scoring, like it should have been to start with, this would not be such a problem. I knew as soon as I heard that it was going to show kills on the scoreboard, that this type of play was going to result. These types of changes were not for the better.

Upvote 0
It's just a game. Everybody pays the same price for the game so everyone has a equal right to play the game how they wish, without having to put up with verbal abuse from wannabe action men.

If you don't like how others play the game then start up your own server and have them play by your rules.

Upvote 0
its very frustrating watching teams loose because they ignore the caps i mean it isn't rocket science.when teams play the way the game/maps are designed its really alot funner. Funny thing is most then complain about loosing or map inbalances.

ww207.jpg

ww207.jpg

lmfao

Upvote 0
everyone starts as a noob. Its up to the vets to lead them, and show them how to play.

The vets should be the guys taking the Squad leader roles, and showing the noobs how to play.

Also putting it in chat and voice.

That's what I've been doing for the last week or so. Back in the Beta, I just used the MG or Rifle classes just to get used to the maps and new gameplay. Now that the game is out, I've noticed very few squad leaders or commanders and the ones that do exist, don't really do a whole hell of a lot.

So I take over, dish out the commands, pop the smoke, rush the objective and hope someone is following me so I don't look like a knob getting mowed down all by myself.

As soon as the force respawn is available, I hit it, even if it's only a couple of players available, as every single foot on the ground counts.

The moment people start seeing someone putting some direction to the game and actually informing people of when the recon plane is up (so check your tactical) or when someone tells them where arty is about to be dropped with decent warning, or force respawn is being used, etc..... as well as smoke being used to cover advances..... the gameplay begins to shift into something productive.

It works. I forget the map, i think its commisars, but the first house you have to take. Our team was getting rocked as we tried to take it. All it took for me to do was tell them they dont have to enter the house, just get up against the wall, so instead of guys pooring inside and getting murdered. Everyone huddled against the walls and capped it. then we stormed the house.

You can only blame a noob for so much, then you need to see if you are taking responsibility for making them more. If you arent, then you are part of the problem.

Agreed, what you know and the experience you have is..... well....

secret.png

So don't make it a secret to your team on what's the smartest thing to be doing..... help people out.

If you don't, then you have new players complaining about how the game is too hard.... you have old vets complaining that the game is all run&gun arcade.... you have people complaining about camping and you have people complaining that there's no team work.

I wonder why.

Upvote 0
something else to note:

When you decide to inform a 'noob' the he is doing something wrong , try to do it constructively.

Calling him names or swearing at him is just going to get his back up and make it worse.

The abililty to give constructive criticiscm to team members is a VITAL part of leadership.

Upvote 0
IMy kill rate at the moment is poor compared to deaths 2 to 1 in favour of deaths...first reason I love the rifle and don't get anywhere near the kills you can get with an smg...second reason is I'm always trying to go for the Obj's sometimes with little or no help. Until I either get wasetd on the way or when I'm there...thing is I think to myself if they are behind me camping please for god sake take out any who may fire on me as I'm moving up..but not a chance. I do know really I should have an smg if attacking the obj..but I prefer a rifle...oh and on that point SL's and people with smg's standing at windows drives me nuts...or bad again SL's up somehwere on a fourth floor miles away from the Obj and you asked to spawn near the SL!! It's risky enough spawning near an SL as many times I've been hit before I could get my bearings but I'd rather have that than be stuck on the fourth floor somewhere with a big long run ahead of me.

My stats speak for themsleves at the minute I have some thing like 4600 points...4300 of them are team points....

Upvote 0
Last time I played FallenFighers, my team was so horrendous, that I was the highest on the scoreboard and had a whoppin' 30 points!

Last time I played GrainElevator, my team was great and we managed to win the match without losing the conveyer tower! And pretty much half the team had 100+ points.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last time I played FallenFighers, my team was so horrendous, that I was the highest on the scoreboard and had a whoppin' 30 points!

Last time I played GrainElevator, my team was great and we managed to win the match without losing the conveyer tower! And pretty much half the team had 100+ points.

Not difficult camping the windows and firing at every German who dares pop his head out of the spawn. I got in a game last night like that on the German side, and we were wondering if anybody was gonna get more than 2 kills. Smoke didn't matter when the Russian campers were so high up in the windows all the smoke did was obscure that area -- we were getting popped BEHIND the smoke, and the few that made it through didn't get very far.

Upvote 0