• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Retail Released

Lethall

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Florida, U.S.A
I have been following this game for some time and have seen the pre-release date on Steam for Tuesday, Sept. 13.

I really wanted the retail version and originally Best Buy showed a release date of Aug. 30, but then with the delay they were showing pre-purchase with a ship date of sometime in the first of Oct.
(Can't remember the date, but had a birthday gift card and wanted to use that)

Today, just out of curiousity, I went back to Best Buy's web site and it now shows RO2 available for purchase.
I have no idea how long it has been available, but the site is now again showing Aug. 31.
I decided to order online to see how far I could go with it.
I went through the entire purchase process, and it is available for store pickup today at my Brandon, Fl. store.
I also received a verification email that it is in stock in my store and will be held until the 19th..

I can't make it there today, but will pick it up tomorrow.

I have to wonder why the different dates as I have checked the Best Buy web site several times, but haven't checked recently because of the previous information they had listed.

Has anyone else found RO2 available for purchase in their area??

Most shops get games long before their release date, can be a week, it just sits in there storage until the day of its release, some stores don't care and sell it much earlier.

And people, don't go refunding your preorders now and rush to Best Buy, you still need steam to play this and Steam wont unlock this game until the 13th. According to the Ro2 steam store: 1 day and 18 hours

Upvote 0
I just happened to be browsing the PC game section at my local Best Buy(electronics store), and I was not expecting to see RO2 on the shelf until Tuesday, but I was amazed when I saw it and so I quickly bought it. I got home and tried to install it, but steam blocked the installation, I assume it will install on Tuesday. Oh well.

Upvote 0
... and you will have to install all of the updates from Steam anyways. ;)

If there are DVDs physically sitting on store shelves the build of the game is probably at least a week old. If you look at the change logs for the recent patches you will know that there will be a lot of downloading to do regardless.

Upvote 0
Isn't the single player stored on the disk? Well if it is have fun with that! Because you wont be able to update for multi-player until the 13th!

If single player works, at least we can start setting up controls/key bindings, graphics and other settings to optimize the game, and then get a feel of how the game plays.

I just hope the netcode is good, and the game plays with little to no lag online.

Upvote 0
I am out of town and won't be able to pick up my copy until this evening.

Does anyone know if the single player campaign will work before release date, or is the entire game locked??

The ENTIRE game will be locked, we might get to pre-load (don't know why, steam has updated their servers this year and i even managed to download the beta with 8mbps and that was at the height of people downloading the beta and the forums here were almost unreachable.) But in my steam games library, the game did show up, but got no option to pre-load.

Upvote 0
The whole thing will be locked.

It won't. As was said right above your post, you won't be able to download the game before official release day (boxed version also needs to download).

The entire game is locked. You will have to wait till Tuesday to play.

The ENTIRE game will be locked, we might get to pre-load (don't know why, steam has updated their servers this year and i even managed to download the beta with 8mbps and that was at the height of people downloading the beta and the forums here were almost unreachable.) But in my steam games library, the game did show up, but got no option to pre-load.

I guess that answered Lethalls question. :D

Upvote 0
4751491291_02d3015de6.jpg

Upvote 0