• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Wasn't quite sure where to post this..the modding forums seemed more geared to all-out mods or level development.

Are there skins etc. available from the community or supporting sites?

The reason I ask is that I would like more relistic scopes when working with the sniper rifles (lens damaged and dulled etc..)

Search didn't find anything regarding scopes/sprites/skins.

Thanks in advance!

I really wish this game did allow custom skins, models, sounds, etc. It's the only thing I don't like about RO.

Sure, some people could install cheating skins, but that's the chance you take. Personally, I'd rather be able to customize the game to the way I see fit, something I really love about DoD.

But, I won't complain too much, because the game is excellent.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I miself much rather see no custom content as far as models, and sounds go. Maybe if it was implemented, so a map could inlude player models/textures, so everyone is forced to use the same, than in that context fine. But under no circumstances should players be freely allowed to change the content. Edit sounds: tone down machine gun fire, and louden footsteps.
Textures, make teams pink and baby blue. Models: Add a few spikes here and there. Should I go on? Little headache?? I dont think so. Its a big problem. I like RO for not allowing such player modification. I hovewer would support maps containing player models, to be used for the duration of that map. Because then everyone has the same advantage/disadvantage.

Upvote 0
Custom skins would be a welcome addition to RO. To sidestep the fluorescant skins argument (which doesn't make any sense as you can already make out the enemy, he'll just be brighter) TWI could release official skins that the player can choose to use instead of the defualt skin.

Upvote 0
Custom skins would be a welcome addition to RO. To sidestep the fluorescant skins argument (which doesn't make any sense as you can already make out the enemy, he'll just be brighter) TWI could release official skins that the player can choose to use instead of the defualt skin.

you mean in the same way as the soldier in the field could chose from his huge amount of cloth he carried along with him? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
There are already maps which do this. And the Russian army already has at least two skins (brown & white uniforms). I'm certainly not against adding more uniforms to individual maps (IE: german winter gear would be nice to see), and some custom mappers have added skins like SS unit skins (IE: Kolno), but player-modified skins is a bad idea.

Upvote 0