• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: Bandaging time length

Poll: Bandaging time length

• bandaging should be removed entirely or happen automatically

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Bandaging should be faster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ideal the way it is

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Bandaging should take longer

Votes: 152 56.3%
  • Bandaging should take *much* longer

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
bandages should be removed imho.

I see no reason for them being in the game. They dont really add anything and are just head scratchingly unrealistic.

If they stay in the game I would suggest making the bandage time longer so that they actually have an impact on the gameplay. Because in the current state they are irritating and have almost no impact besides making you push an adittional button after getting a glancing hit.

You do realize a good number of army's did issue small medical kits for these types of issues.

For the Germans it was known as Verbandpackchen (~field dressings), and came in two sizes (supposedly for entry and exit wounds). The Russians have them as well.

Though it should take a few seconds longer on both effects.

Upvote 0
errr... I think you can set keys like you want them. But anyways, since this game wants to be the most realistic WW2fps I'd suggest a much longer bandaging time. Imagine: you got hit in the arm by a 2800 feet per second, 60mm thick metal thingy, you scream and lay down in you cover, you look carefully at your injury, take out the bandages from your bag, and finally bandage YOURSELF... I'd say 30 seconds

Upvote 0
You do realize a good number of army's did issue small medical kits for these types of issues.

For the Germans it was known as Verbandpackchen (~field dressings), and came in two sizes (supposedly for entry and exit wounds). The Russians have them as well.

Though it should take a few seconds longer on both effects.

Yes but those were used to stabilize the wounded in order to evacuate them from the battlefield and bring them to a triage.

Either way the soldier was unfit for battle afterwards. So I dont see why Bandages should be part of this game.

Either the wound was severe enough to cause death by bleeding which would result in a incapacitated soldier, no matter if bandaged or not = respawn in a new body either way.
Or the wound would be trivial enough to be rationalized away = no need for bandages in the first place (RO1 system)

Upvote 0
Both bandaging and bleed out need to take longer.

You shouldn't die in like 10 seconds, and likewise you shouldn't be able to bandage in 2 seconds. IMO Should be about 7 seconds to bandage, and about 30 seconds (give or take) for bleed out.

Its fine like it is, you kill every one with 1 bullet anyway...
What game have you been playing?

On many occasions I've shot my targets in the shoulder or abdomen, then they pop down, bandage, and pop back up again and they are miraculously cured of their critical wound

(Source)Answer to Every Question in the Universe - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The charm of Red Orchestra is that it is a game where getting shot matters. Getting shot in a vital area should kill you. It's pretty damn stupid to have the bandage effect take 10 seconds and to bleed out and die if you don't bandage in 30 seconds.

Either keep the bandage effect as it is, or make it 2-5 seconds long. That's all that is needed. If you don't bandage, you die. If you get shot in a vital spot, you die. I don't care about having the game represent real life bandaging because that's not fun and takes too much bloody time and would make bandaging pointless. Just let me get shot and die. I don't want to waste 20-30 seconds of my game bandaging whenever a bullet hits my foot or whatever.

IMHO this is a good way! Take always the happy medium ... in this case 2-5 seconds for bandage at most ... perhaps 10 sec. . :)

Upvote 0
It's absolutely fine the way it is. A couple seconds to patch up makes sense as it only takes about 7-10 seconds for you to bleed out.

If it took longer it would seem almost pointless as you'd have to run off, find a good spot and then take your time to heal. By the time you find a good spot you'll likely have bleed out. I appreciate the ability to slide to one side, patch up and get back to it.

Reactions: Landrik
Upvote 0