• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I payed for the $45 Digital Deluxe Edition...

I think some of "those" posters have their hearts in the right places (enjoy the game) they just don't know how to express themselves in an appropriate manner

Depends on the individual's personality

Well, it helps a lot if your co-workers are friends, but even then you're not like "ok, let's do this again tomorrow" after completing a 16 hrs day. Some people like to spend time with their families too.

Upvote 0
Lol "This game costs 20$, this 40$, okay I buy the same game for 40$ because they deserved it."

come on man...

I guess you don't tip at a restaurant?

I don't understand how people can spam these "we love you Tripwire threads" ad nauseum and they're never closed, yet dare to start a thread questioning when you will get the beta access you paid for -- or at least a semi-firm estimate -- and you will get flamed by the love thread people before the inevitable closure of the "redundant" thread. :confused:

Simple:
- Beta thread -> flaming (not only because of the 'lovers)
Haven't seen one which didn't
- I love TWI thread ->
Random person: 'I love you...'
TWI:"Ok... weird"

Also the abundance has nothing to do with closure.
The content decides closure, something 99% of the time results in flaming, yeah I would close that too.

If I write a book, I would love people to tell me sometime that it is fun. They bought it but they could have hated the book.
Or if I am busy writing a book and release an example page, if that is a more appropriate example.

"When do you release the manuscript?" in worse words and 100 times over would annoy me while 100 times "I like the book" are pretty welcome in my eyes.

[FYI; I am not really writing a book!]

Upvote 0
1. There is already a multipage I Love Tripwire thread a few pages back; I think its over 10 pages long. So to say there isn't an existing thread for this type of chat is not true

2. I think you exaggerate TWI's need for positive feedback and how much pressure they are under. It's not the first time they've developed a game and this month is probably the most fun for them. Also the negativity has really died down the last few weeks.

Crunch time isn't really fun.

No, no it isn't! But we're hanging in there =)

Upvote 0
...If you've signed up on this forum, you obviously enjoy the game and appreciate what TWI does, that's proof enough that you are a big fan without starting a largely nonconstructive thread...

Interesting concept. Maybe true in many cases, but last night in the 30 minutes before I went to bed, I read THREE different threads where people stated that they signed up on these forums EXPRESSLY to [insert flame post] HERE [insert flame post].

Other than those maybe your post has some merit. And I do understand your point about it being redundant. However, the truth is that these game developers are people too and the overwhelming display of negativity in these forums over the past couple days is disgusting. Everyone should give them a break. So those of us that actually understand these points want the developers to know that WE appreciate their work and effort. That's all.

Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
It's probably just psychology, but most of the time people that just liked something, won't come to a forum to just say that. On the other hand, people which didn't like something, will come complaining with the hope that the thing will be fixed in some way.
In the end you get more negative posts than positive ones. So, I don't see a problem with people saying thanks multiple times, but I do see a problem with people complaining about the same thing multiple times.

Upvote 0
The daily "I love you" threads is where I draw the line. I guess it's my personality as I don't like going up to my University's sports stars and bugging them for an autograph and trying to make them my friend like some of my peers try to do.

I just don't think it's necessary to state how much you love RO and TWI. If you've signed up on this forum, you obviously enjoy the game and appreciate what TWI does, that's proof enough that you are a big fan without starting a largely nonconstructive thread.

I love you, Tripwire. You made KF & RO & deserve all the praise.

P.S. Please send me autographed GIFz & be my friend. <3 <3 <3

Upvote 0
i preordered digital deluxe for the gun unlocks, but now that i see the roles system is in and i wont be able to use them much to begin with i been thinking about canceling my preorder:(

The role-system is only in countdown and territory, so in Firefight you can own everybody with the Mkb42;)

but you are always able to change the pre-order (afaik), nobody will call you names or anything. I think... :p

Upvote 0