• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Tank Warfare and Crews.

Hello, I'm new to this game and I have some questions :3 I intend to buy the game so I really want to know this.

#1 Will tanks have dedicated crews, with accurate uniforms that can enter or exit a tank, and when abandoning a tank will they be given a "kit of survival" type of thing to survive until they reach home base and be supplied with another tank ?

#2 Is there rank progression ? i.e (Gefreiter, Efreitor?) and will that same rank progression be represented in the crew's uniform (insignias, Medals) ?

#3 If there is rank progression, will it grant bonuses ? Given the experience of a vetted tanker.

#4 In case of abandonment can a Enemy take control of the enemy's tank?

Thank you, and I'm sorry if I'm being abusive.

Hello, I'm new to this game and I have some questions :3 I intend to buy the game so I really want to know this.

#1 Will tanks have dedicated crews, with accurate uniforms that can enter or exit a tank, and when abandoning a tank will they be given a "kit of survival" type of thing to survive until they reach home base and be supplied with another tank ?
You can not exit the tank, its no fun to fight with a pistol in a grey jumpsuit anyway.
#2 Is there rank progression ? i.e (Gefreiter, Efreitor?) and will that same rank progression be represented in the crew's uniform (insignias, Medals) ?
Something like that, but its limited, and I don't think because you play for 3 hours you become a 4 star general, your experience is like your "grizzledness" while your actual rank is just dependant on your role I guess, the squad leaders are like NCO's and the commanders are officers.
#3 If there is rank progression, will it grant bonuses ? Given the experience of a vetted tanker. Its supposed to be really limited.

#4 In case of abandonment can a Enemy take control of the enemy's tank?

No, that is super unrealistic, how would they even know how to use it?

Thank you, and I'm sorry if I'm being abusive. Welcome to the forums.

Upvote 0
Yes, but they weren't just taken over on the battlefield and used. The side that captured it had to take time to train a crew on how to use it. It would often take a month or more before the tank would show up on the battlefield again with a new paint job.

I seem to remember the Australians doing this a LOT in North Africa. They would actually paint giant white kangaroos on the side.

But I also recall that sometimes these tanks were recaptured and used against the side who repainted them. I think this happened mostly on the Eastern Front though.

Upvote 0
Yeah I don't think tank capturing fits within the scope of RO as Yoshiro is saying. Besides- the amount of team-kills that would result from Germans driving around in their newly acquired IS2's would be a pain in the you know where.

One interesting way that it could work with a mod or something would be whenever an enemy tank crewman gets into an enemy tank they do not have the ability to shoot mg or shells until they take it back to their spawn location- giving it a new crew compliment and hopefully different paint-job lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I don't think tank capturing fits within the scope of RO as Yoshiro is saying. Besides- the amount of team-kills that would result from Germans driving around in their newly acquired IS2's would be a pain in the you know where.

that's totally unrealistic, i agree.
1st: an IS2 would never be knocked out, let alone let himself get captured
2nd: if for some reason it should really ever happen, i wouldn't be worried about the teamkills resulting from germans shooting at the IS2 and thus harming it (pah!), but still vice versa (i guess it would REALLY be pissed off and wreak even more havoc, once it is "occupied" by enemy soldiers)

:IS2:

Upvote 0