• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why is this happening?!?!

Mar 20, 2006
Recently upgraded my computer:

Athlon 3800+ X2
Asus A8N SLI deluxe mobo
EVGA GEforce 6800 GS
1 GB Corsair Ram
120 GB hard drive
Antec 550 Watt PSU

So whyyy do I get low FPS in RO 90% of the time? I think this game ran better on my old system than it does now, and I have no idea why. The problen isnt just with RO, though. RO just seems to run the worst out of all my games for the longest amount of time...Let me explain:

In games like HL2 . my game will run choppy for about 2-6 minutes upon startup ( maybe like 8 fps), after that time is up, the FPS increases to a constant 90. At first I thought it was an issue of power, so I upgraded my power supply, and im still getting the same problem. I have the latest drivers, so I have no idea why this is happening.

Perhaps i have outdated system bios? or maybe it's an IRQ conflict?

any help woudl be greatly appreciated, because this is EXTREMELY frustrating.

hmm almost sounds like my 7800 GS OC limp mode on startup. If the card is cold, about 37C or lower my card is in limp mode until it heats up a little. As far as I know the card does this cuz its the second one I've gotten, first was returned, that does this. Is it normally cool where your computer is? Try warming the room up a little or something, thats usually what I do, keep the room a little warmer and then let the temps fall once card gets goin LOL.

Upvote 0
Jaegermeister said:
hmm almost sounds like my 7800 GS OC limp mode on startup. If the card is cold, about 37C or lower my card is in limp mode until it heats up a little. As far as I know the card does this cuz its the second one I've gotten, first was returned, that does this. Is it normally cool where your computer is? Try warming the room up a little or something, thats usually what I do, keep the room a little warmer and then let the temps fall once card gets goin LOL.

Now that you mention it, there does seem to be a performance increase when the temperature is up a bit...but why would this be? I never experienced this kind of crap with ATI...im beginning to think jumping ships was a mistake :-(

Ill try keeping it warmer where I am, and ill get back to you.

Upvote 0