• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reasons why its worth to be a PCgamer in 2011-AKA why you gonna lose your job/friends

I'll wait for reviews on most of those except HoS and Portal2.

It still makes no sense to me that valve is making dota2. It's cool that they are making a dota style game but a direct port of all the characters from dota is iffy. A lot of the mechanics could be improved on like how league of legends did but without taking depth out of the game.

Upvote 0
Aliens: Colonial Marines (Maybe ? We'll see ...)

Gawd damn, I forgot about that game. Apparently the early build of it was one boring-*** linear shooter, but that might've been changed. The early version looked near-complete when I saw it in a magazine, anyway. Lets just hope it's not another AvP3.

Speaking of games in-dev that I've forgotten, what ever happened to Dead Island? There's been no news of it whatsoever.

Reactions: {Core}Craig
Upvote 0
Man I think I've seen this list on every game site I visit now.

Craload of things I want out of this.

Colonial Marines
Dungeons
Magicka
Tropico 4
Diablo 3
Dead State
HOES and lots of them.
Battlefield 3
Subversion
WH40k: Spesh Mahreen
Mechwarrior
Arkham Asylum 2
World of Darkness MMO
The Secret World MMO
Witcher 2

Stuff I'll be keeping an eye on:

Mortal Kombat (just for ****s and giggles)
Natural Selection 2
HOMM VI
A Game of Thrones
Stronghold 3
Xenonauts
X COM
Grim Dawn
Contagion
Dust
E.Y.E
The Haunted
The First Templar
Dungeon Hero

That's more gaming than I think I'll have time, money or even interest for :p

And is it just me, or is 2011 going to be like, the year of the platformer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stuff I want:

AoE Online
Dead State
Dawn of War: Retribution
HOES & RS
Bulletstorm
Rage
Duke Nukem Forever
Portal 2
Dead Space 2
WH40k: Space Marine

Keeping an eye on:

Shogun 2
DOTA Source
End of Nations
Stronghold 3
Stellar Dawn
Asylum
Depth
Contagion
E.Y.E
Dungeon Siege 3
The Haunted

Looking forward to in 2012:
WH40k: Dark Millennium Online

Reactions: {Core}Craig
Upvote 0
Crysis 2 MP Demo will be console exclusive. That just makes me buy it even less, although it would've been nice to see how it runs performance-wise on my PC. But oh well, not supporting that kind of crap.

Same goes for Bulletstorm with its' console exclusive demo. I mean seriously, with a game like this and no demo, how can they seriously be surprised if people pirate this game?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crysis 2 MP Demo will be console exclusive. That just makes me buy it even less, although it would've been nice to see how it runs performance-wise on my PC. But oh well, not supporting that kind of crap.

Same goes for Bulletstorm with its' console exclusive demo. I mean seriously, with a game like this and no demo, how can they seriously be surprised if people pirate this game?
I don't see the logic behind it either. Sure demo's are for ppl to see how gameplay is, but it also is for a lot of ppl to see how the engine/game runs on their machine.

Upvote 0
I don't see the logic behind it either. Sure demo's are for ppl to see how gameplay is, but it also is for a lot of ppl to see how the engine/game runs on their machine.

Thats exactly the reason why they are not releasing it on PC.
faceg.gif

Upvote 0