Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2013, 05:39 PM

The MG guy used to move much slower, but people complained.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:00 PM

i don't really know what those videos are supposed to show. you could make pretty much identical videos with pistols, probably even a bolt rifles because most of it is shooting people from behind or rushing them when they don't expect it. and in several cases they would fare better if they just deployed the MG instead of hipfiring.

oh, and in general they'd get A LOT more kills if they actually played their class properly and denied advancing enemies instead of rushing, killing few enemies with hip fire and dying.

i was playing AT on redoctober few days ago and while rushing to destroy both russian tanks, i kill like 7 russians on my way, both in head to head combat and killing several unaware russians from the side. i guess P38 too OP, tripwire pls nerf.

yes, if there's a realistic way to make it slightly harder for MGers like slowing the movement speed while shooting or making the class slightly slower since it's carrying heavy gun and a lot of ammo, why not. but trying to come up with artificial "balance" nerfs because enemy team failed to cover their flanks or didn't bother to check a room before they enter it and someone with MG happened to take advantage of it (when SMGs would work exactly the same and even pistols and rifles, not to mention a grenade, would do the job in skilled hands just fine) is pointless.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:14 PM

that video is from apartments and the kills are 10 meters at max, so it doesnt count.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:21 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
the kills are 10 meters at max
FYI: 40m.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 PM

This old chestnut, still coming up...

Due to the arrival of my son and general workload, I've not played any RO2 in six months or so, but having RO1/DH on my Macbook I've been playing that a fair bit.

I can safely say I have never seen rambo play with LMG's in ROOST, and haven't recently - it's just too slow and cumbersome, and the recoil is fearsome.

I can say it was frequent on RO2, especially on the CQB maps, or any map with a lot of indoor fights. In fact, some players exclusively used it as a technique. Reminds me of Vasquez and Drake in Aliens.

The comparison with SMG's isn't quite right as the suppressive feature on the LMG's and their relatively controllable recoil means players can usually walk into a room shooting in bursts, and sweep.

It is a bit silly - I'd hope they'd have nerfed that by now.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:35 PM

MG-34 seems to hit the middle of your screen very reliably, maybe he had that red dot suction thing that sticks to your screen...
Old 12-22-2013, 10:02 AM

This Video inspired me to finally get the MG class in RS to hero!
Its incredibly Easy to use the japanese mg in close quarter!
It is the First weapon with which i could outshoot zyfer in close combat!
Incredible weapon
Old 12-22-2013, 11:21 AM

I have to say that changing the MG so it hipfires like in RO/DH will probably push MG's into more of a defensive, covering role, which in Classic mode I can't see as a bad thing.