• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I laughed a lot with this gameplay

Why cannot it be nice with both?

Why can't the forums be fun AND serious at the same time?

I agree, once i created one Thread about a war movie in russia, just like RO, i puted the trailer and all that, by the end, i saw comments like :

"Wrong place to do this bro"

But Why ? It was about a movie that looks alot like the game.
It was a serious movie but also a fun thing that remember the game to watch while waiting for the RO2.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
A few comments on this...

I dont understand why Airpower or Arty like Guns or Howitzers are even remotely in a skirmish game like RO2.
- Airpower and Indirect Gun/Howitzer Arty have already taken place before a battle
begins ( not during ) and probably should be limited to Mortars.
- Arty should take a few minutes to arrive after calling it in, and not just one minute.
- The blast effect should last alittle longer ( debris lingering around ).
- Heavy Buildings do not get blown-up or damaged this quickly, as it would take several Arty barrages to get the effect show ( several minutes or hours ). This is also a reason why heavy buildings should start the game either in good order or already damaged ( not during game ). However, small rural buildings can be damaged after several rounds of Arty in just a few minutes.

Joe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A few comments on this...

I dont understand why Airpower or Arty like Guns or Howitzers are even remotely in a skirmish game like RO2.
- Airpower and Indirect Gun/Howitzer Arty have already taken place before a battle
begins ( not during ) and probably should be limited to Mortars.
- Arty should take a few minutes to arrive after calling it in, and not just one minute.
- The blast effect should last alittle longer ( debris lingering around ).
- Heavy Buildings do not get blown-up or damaged this quickly, as it would take several Arty barrages to get the effect show ( several minutes or hours ). This is also a reason why heavy buildings should start the game either in good order or already damaged ( not during game ). However, small rural buildings can be damaged after several rounds of Arty in just a few minutes.

Joe

good post. thanks for saving this useless thread with good suggestions.

Upvote 0
Well if you are going to have arty, it needs to drop within a minute instead of the suggested few minutes. If you have to wait 5 minutes for an arty strike you might as well not even have it based on the dynamics of the game.

And if you wanted to take it to that sort of extreme, you might as well simulate targeting shots and adjustments. But that would be too much. If you want that I can suggest some mods for ARMA2. It really doesn't have a place in RO.

Upvote 0