• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MP7+Medic Perk

It would be nice if Medic can switch between healing and acid darts which would deal high damage over time.

I think that would be a fair compromise.
Or incendiary darts. Something to the effect of more damage for that recoiled piece of crap.

Hell yeah, can't wait to shoot those into my 'allies'.
Yeah, too bad friendly fire doesn't really exist.

hahaha me too.

It's hard enough to heal allies at medium range, esp when they are moving.
I wouldn't mind some sort of AoE grenade that heals all allies in range of it /joke
Hence why it should be able to clear small paths of enemies at a higher range, IE, NOT SO MUCH GOD DAMN RECOIL. The darts are instantaneous and act as a cloud, I think that cloud should be an AOE.

HOLY **** ON A **** SANDWITCH!

I see what they're talking about now! For those who don't know what they're referring to...try firing on the move with it. You don't. You stop when firing. Immediately.

Didn't notice it because I usually stop to aim, but it isn't a gun that rewards aiming, so I tried the "Run n gun" like I do with the Bullpup. The bullpup/AK/SCAR allow you to move fullspeed while firing. This one stops you completely! Why?

...not that it's not still INCREDIBLY useful as a healing tool, but this further cements it's status as a "Last resort" for weaponry. If you want a "real" SMG weapon as a medic, grab a Bullpup. I currently go Medgun/Bullpup/Katana and it works great for supporting.
FINALLY, SOMEONE WITH BRAINS. This is my exact arguement in small detail. The gun doesn't work as a backup, like a desert eagle or beretta, in that you can run with it and fire, IE, ESCAPE. It acts like a god damn offensive weapon, like a hunting shotgun, and slows you completely with every shot. THANK YOU KIND SIR.

There are so many things wrong with this entire post.

1) Why spawn as a medic in your first wave in-game? Medic class is meant to be leveled beside another primary class. A great compliment to a level 5/6 medic class is a level 6 commando Why? Because you spawn as a commando, play the wave with your free AK, then swap to your medic. Armor/medgun is GOING to be incredibly low priced. PLUS A FREE AK! This whole 'sticking to one class the entire game' thing is seriously stupid. You are given the option to switch classes between rounds. Use that to your advantage.
2) Besides completely explaining this away in my first point, you do not use the MP7 as an offensive weapon. Period. They shouldn't have even put bullets in the darned thing. It's a crawler/stalker/clot killer. And that's if they're chewing on your shins.
3) The sheer ability to get away from the patriarch (have never fought patty as medic on suicidal, correct me if I'm wrong) on up to hard mode is worth far more than you're giving movement bonus credit for. Combined with the fact that when you're playing with a non-pub group, somebody else of a different class can BUY you their tier-3 weapon at some point anyway. 749 for a freaking SCAR/M14 as level 6 commando/sharp is not impossible to reach multiple times. Plus the two most effective (cross-class) tier 3 weapons only weigh 5 kg. FIVE KILOGRAMS. Tiny. That's also assuming you prefer not to use the crossbow like every medic should be doing on wave 8-10 anyhow....

/rant over
In suicidal, all the people who start without armor are going to need to be healed constantly if the server is full, due to the fact that you'll be fighting about 75 monsters to begin.

No **** it isn't an offensive weapon, but it doesn't even act like a defensive weapon. It has high amounts of recoil and spread and a reticle for some reason. Do you understand that the definition of the PDW or MP7 is a low weight, low recoil, fast firing self-defense weapon? LOW RECOIL SIR, that is the problem.

You CANNOT outrun the Patriarch, you are talking out of your ***. He is the fastest moving in-game enemy, and you are speaking as if any character can outrun him as if he was a scrake. No, you can't, and even worse, the medics ability to outrun anything is hindered by his backup weapon, which he would obviously have to heal people.

If the patriarch sends out those tiny waves at you (which in suicidal can amount to 20 specimen) then it is required that you be able to run and gun, as any of those crawlers drawing your attention away, instantly puts you in the death grips of the patriarch.

You act as if in Suicidal and Hard that people never die, and there is no such thing as a mistake. There is never enough money for me, as a medic, to purchase, at round 10, anything that you described. And generally, my team, if not already lvl 6 and toting third tier weaponry, does not have, and will not give me money.

Upvote 0
You people are so idiotic. You obviously don't play higher levels of the game, VERY obvious with the way you speak about it. You obviously don't play medic because you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.
You may think us idiots, but it looks like you are an *sshole, a f*ckhead, and completely SUCK at playing a medic. I became level 6 on the second day of the free weekend thanks to the influx of noobs who never knew how to heal.

Four of them proceeded to die in the first ten seconds of Foundry and leave me, alone, a Lvl6 Medic, on HARD MODE (!!!HIGHER DIFFICULTY, F*CKNUT!!!), AND I BEAT THE WAVES EVERY. DAMN. TIME. (Patriarch got me from behind with a rocket when I was trying to run for cover, my first big mistake during the whole game.)

Guess what my primary weapon was? The MP7M. BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO AIM. HOW TO CONSERVE AMMO. HOW TO KEEP MOVING SO THERE'S ALWAYS A LITTLE BIT OF DISTANCE BETWEEN ME AND MY TARGET. By the fleshpound and scrake levels, I was able to by a Katana and fresh pipebombs every round to take care of them. The MP7M killed 85% of my targets. Because I don't SUCK at playing a medic, which apparently you DO.

Not touting it as an assault weapon, but the gun is meant as a clearing device to make a path for my dart, and as a low weight and low power hybrid medigun for me to escape with while healing my team and defending myself. It acts like neither of those.

As stated above, you suck the d*ck as medic. I've never had a problem on Hard mode, Suicidal, with using the MP7 to clear out the lesser zeds in my way to heal a teammate, and if there were bigger ones, I moved to the side.

And this is addressed to all you "IT STOPS YOU DEAD IN UR TRACKS OMG" f*ckheads in the thread.

STOP FULL-AUTOING, YOU USELESS MORONS. If you AREN'T, THEN START PUTTING MORE DISTANCE BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU SHOOT. WHAT'S THAT? NOT ENOUGH TIME TO DO THAT AND THEN HEAL? THEN TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM AND GET HIT BY THE ZED SO YOU CAN HEAL YOUR DYING ALLY. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE FOR.

If you simply burst fire, meaning TAP the fire button, you will barely notice the momentum stop. Aim at the head, burst, run because they're now headless. I cannot FATHOM why none of you are able to freaking UNDERSTAND this, or how you suck SO BAD at medic that the momentum stop actually gets you or a teammate KILLED.

Weapons require compensation. DEAL WITH IT.

Upvote 0
I also don't know what the problem of everyone is that the gun is supposed to stop you.
I always run around, randomly popping heads with it and I never expected as much as totally coming to a halt when briefly tapping the mouse (as you should, gentlemen).
It's fine for crawlers, clot-, bloat- and gorefastheads and it you aim with it and tap the mouse, the first shot will go whereever you aim at like with any other automatic gun.
The spread- and fire rate of it are brutal so anything but short mousetaps are totally out of question.

Like I said, only problem is that reload time as it also keeps you from shooting healing darts which you may not want when you see that >10 hp ally getting his final bite from that crawler and all you can do is wait for yourself to finally pull back the hammer of that gun so you can finally heal/shoot again.
That's sometimes what gets them killed as every second counts. Wasting 3 of those away could end up in a dead ally.

Yeah, too bad friendly fire doesn't really exist.

Sarcasm. Do you know it?
Also on a side note, ever heard of a friendly fire enabled server? No?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are so many things wrong with this entire post.

1) Why spawn as a medic in your first wave in-game? Medic class is meant to be leveled beside another primary class. A great compliment to a level 5/6 medic class is a level 6 commando Why? Because you spawn as a commando, play the wave with your free AK, then swap to your medic. Armor/medgun is GOING to be incredibly low priced. PLUS A FREE AK! This whole 'sticking to one class the entire game' thing is seriously stupid. You are given the option to switch classes between rounds. Use that to your advantage.
2) Besides completely explaining this away in my first point, you do not use the MP7 as an offensive weapon. Period. They shouldn't have even put bullets in the darned thing. It's a crawler/stalker/clot killer. And that's if they're chewing on your shins.
3) The sheer ability to get away from the patriarch (have never fought patty as medic on suicidal, correct me if I'm wrong) on up to hard mode is worth far more than you're giving movement bonus credit for. Combined with the fact that when you're playing with a non-pub group, somebody else of a different class can BUY you their tier-3 weapon at some point anyway. 749 for a freaking SCAR/M14 as level 6 commando/sharp is not impossible to reach multiple times. Plus the two most effective (cross-class) tier 3 weapons only weigh 5 kg. FIVE KILOGRAMS. Tiny. That's also assuming you prefer not to use the crossbow like every medic should be doing on wave 8-10 anyhow....

/rant over

If its not a offensive weapon then why whenever I shoot it then do I have to completely stop allowing anything chasing me to catch up to me. Sorry we don't all have level six other perks and "cheat" to get free weapons I "prefer" to earn everything I recieve (I will accept gifts and thats not a gift). As previously stated medics need a weapon specific to them right now the MP7 doesn't really serve that purpose well at all.

You may think us idiots, but it looks like you are an *sshole, a f*ckhead, and completely SUCK at playing a medic. I became level 6 on the second day of the free weekend thanks to the influx of noobs who never knew how to heal.

Four of them proceeded to die in the first ten seconds of Foundry and leave me, alone, a Lvl6 Medic, on HARD MODE (!!!HIGHER DIFFICULTY, F*CKNUT!!!), AND I BEAT THE WAVES EVERY. DAMN. TIME. (Patriarch got me from behind with a rocket when I was trying to run for cover, my first big mistake during the whole game.)

Guess what my primary weapon was? The MP7M. BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO AIM. HOW TO CONSERVE AMMO. HOW TO KEEP MOVING SO THERE'S ALWAYS A LITTLE BIT OF DISTANCE BETWEEN ME AND MY TARGET. By the fleshpound and scrake levels, I was able to by a Katana and fresh pipebombs every round to take care of them. The MP7M killed 85% of my targets. Because I don't SUCK at playing a medic, which apparently you DO.

As stated above, you suck the d*ck as medic. I've never had a problem on Hard mode, Suicidal, with using the MP7 to clear out the lesser zeds in my way to heal a teammate, and if there were bigger ones, I moved to the side.

And this is addressed to all you "IT STOPS YOU DEAD IN UR TRACKS OMG" f*ckheads in the thread.

STOP FULL-AUTOING, YOU USELESS MORONS. If you AREN'T, THEN START PUTTING MORE DISTANCE BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU SHOOT. WHAT'S THAT? NOT ENOUGH TIME TO DO THAT AND THEN HEAL? THEN TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM AND GET HIT BY THE ZED SO YOU CAN HEAL YOUR DYING ALLY. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE FOR.

If you simply burst fire, meaning TAP the fire button, you will barely notice the momentum stop. Aim at the head, burst, run because they're now headless. I cannot FATHOM why none of you are able to freaking UNDERSTAND this, or how you suck SO BAD at medic that the momentum stop actually gets you or a teammate KILLED.

Weapons require compensation. DEAL WITH IT.

I don't know if any of it was directed at me but I know how to use the gun and am good with it but it still is fubar for the perk right now. And see previous statement about not being a offensive weapon.

Upvote 0
It's not uhm, 'great' for an offensive weapon, but if you know how to use it with your team , you can for example, hold out on one side of a street in westlondon on the earlier waves with your team on the other side, easily.

Aim for the head, you can pop a head in 1-2 shots, with about a 28 mag size at my level 3 medic, there's nothing wrong with it, and plenty of space to carry something else.

Upvote 0
It's not uhm, 'great' for an offensive weapon, but if you know how to use it with your team , you can for example, hold out on one side of a street in westlondon on the earlier waves with your team on the other side, easily.

Aim for the head, you can pop a head in 1-2 shots, with about a 28 mag size at my level 3 medic, there's nothing wrong with it, and plenty of space to carry something else.

Yeah but if you go to suicidal even on early waves its a pain. I'm a good shot if you have ever played in a game with me you would know that I'm good with the MP7 its just sucky that its not very perk specific which doesn't make sense because what other class especially as weak as it is now would want to use it.

And anyone that doesn't know the gun this is a good showing and if anyone has said that it has high recoil watch the second video
YouTube - future weapons
YouTube - Nox with a HK MP7

The MP7 NEEDS less recoil equal damage to the Bullpup atleast, and maybe faster reload.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do agree with the following suggestions:

1) Make the medic walk faster with medic gun.
2) Less recoil and equal damage to the Bullup at least.
3) Make him able to equip pipe bomb + medic gun + crossbow because otherwise he is useless against flesh pounder.

Used properly, the medic is a great supporter of the team, I always play with him using also a crossbow to chew chainsaw-zombies and siren heads. But, he is useless against a Flesh Pounder.

Upvote 0
I do agree with the following suggestions:

1) Make the medic walk faster with medic gun.
2) Less recoil and equal damage to the Bullup at least.
3) Make him able to equip pipe bomb + medic gun + crossbow because otherwise he is useless against flesh pounder.

Used properly, the medic is a great supporter of the team, I always play with him using also a crossbow to chew chainsaw-zombies and siren heads. But, he is useless against a Flesh Pounder.

Very true if your a medic facing a FP unless you have some beast guns you might as well pull down your pants and bend over.

Upvote 0
Better constructed post.
That is fine and all dude, but in reality that recoil and spread shouldn't even exist, as the real-life counterpart of that gun has a designed recoil system to eliminate it. The only time it should have any recoil is during full auto session.

You can run around, but you'll notice slowly that you tend to take more hits because of the MP7 rather than be saved by it. This is why it becomes essential to leave the medics damage resistance alone. However, why leave his damage alone when you can just embrace his speed?

Also, one shot head shots are fine, but only up close. Try shooting that thing at anything but near point blank range. Whether full auto or not, it doesn't matter, because your reticule jumps so high that the next head shot to be made is impossible.

Why have a character who is essentially to be protected behind the lines with a health and armor meter that can stand twice as much damage as a beserker outside the lines?

Also, I've only ever seen one FF server, and it's on Suicidal. Talk about death incarnate.

A bunch of words I didn't read
From what I assume is a detailed post with no breaks I can tell you didn't read the thread. You're obviously lying out your asshole, probably a troll or a thirteen year old.

This gun DOES NOT work in Suicidal, I've seen MANY a player who are both clan members and way more skilled than me try to use it and ditch it by wave 2, or wave 4 in Hard.

The fact that you say you make tons of money as a medic leads me to believe you're also lying out of your asshole and don't know HOW AT ALL to play this game.

Medic is not the money maker. Not only are you lying about being a money maker under medic, but you do a very bad job of it as well. You speak as if you're a front line assault man with the MP7, which you can't be.

I've played Suicidal with that weapon, yes, unlike you. I've unloaded clips shot per shot, heads hotting as many clots and gorefasts as possible. I only ever end up with 500 at the most at the end of the round because everyone else eats the kills with their M14's or SCARs.

You are saying you end up with at least 800 every round to buy pipe bombs, and at times enough to buy katana or crossbow. Which I know for a fact, on Suicidal, as medic, isn't possible without people throwing you cash.

You're an idiot sir, and prove my point that most of the people here who suggest stuff and tout any knowledge of the game are probably talking out of their *** more than a Halo player.

You are easily describable as one of the people on here who actually believe they have skill to near impossible game circumstance. You probably constantly forget what difficulty mode you are on or which button to hit for self-heal.

Congratulations on lying about a game on a forum dedicated to it.

Now, if we could get to the fact that the gun works in physically impossible manners. AND that the medic is being upgraded as if it was a combat class, then maybe we could actually help make less problems rather than more chainsaws.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is fine and all dude, but in reality that recoil and spread shouldn't even exist, as the real-life counterpart of that gun has a designed recoil system to eliminate it.

Yes, I was very surprised at this since I watched Future Weapons show on Discovery channel and very low recoil and high stopping power were one of the main features of MP7.

Upvote 0
Medic heals people. Medic is not a damage dealer. If you want to deal damage with a medic, BUY ANOTHER WEAPON. Also all this "Oh, MP7 has no recoil in real life, so should certainly have no recoil in this fictional game" is crap. The recoil is thrown in to balance it out a bit. Imagine if the firepower was upped to stop fleshpounds like someone suggested, then the recoil was lowered like many others have suggested. Wouldn't EVERYONE in existence just be Medic and get this medic gun that can easily destroy any enemy in the game?

Upvote 0