• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Game of the Year 2010

Game of the Year 2010

• StarCraft II

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Mafia II

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • God of War III

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heavy Rain

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Civilization V

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Halo: Reach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mass Effect II

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Red Dead Redemption

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2

• Call of Duty: Black Ops

• Hello Kitty Horse Adventure 2010

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With all the (in this case understandable) DRM-hate here I doubt it and it doesn't matter.

Not here, but everywhere. Is quite justified.

This is not a poll to vote the best indie pc title/hardcore simulation poll, but game of the year. There's a rich general choice of titles available and if there's nothing you like, like i said, don't vote.

I'm not sure I follow your point, AC2 is nothing indie/hardcore simulation. its as AAA as any in that poll.

And yes, as I stated before, I love ME2 so I voted it. To think that AC2 should be there does not mean that is my favorite game, or that I don't like other games in that list.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I follow your point, AC2 is nothing indie/hardcore simulation. its as AAA as any in that poll.

And yes, as I stated before, I love ME2 so I voted it. To think that AC2 should be there does not mean that is my favorite game, or that I don't like other games in that list.

My point is that I'm not making any difference between PC & Console here because it simply is a 2009 game and if it were the other way around(pc release in 2009 and console in 2010) then it would still be a 2009 game.

Reactions: Switchblade
Upvote 0
Civ V had the potential to be #1. However I have been unable to load saved games with mods and have not been able to figure out whether or not it can be fixed by the dev team...may have to reinstall. CBA right now. Even if it were flawless, it would be hard pressed to overtake Mass Effect 2. I've never anticipated a game like I have ME 2 (ME 3 will take its place), or been as engrossed in the storyline of a game as I have ME 2 (much more so than Half Life 2, which is probably #2 for engrossment for me) or enjoyed a game as much as ME 2. HOES will be a title that I anticipate greatly, but nothing will match how badly I wanted ME 2 (except for ME 3).

Upvote 0
Banned... erm... frice?:p
I don't see what the fuzz is about, all those games have critical acclaim and are loved by their fanbase, any normal gamer will confirm that as do the almost 50 votes by now. It's not a "vote the best ArmAII expansion of 2010" or "Best console port from 2009" thread, but GOTY 2010. Then such a statement as a forum moderator is just completely unprofessional by any means, sorry.

Upvote 0
I kind of agree with DraKon2k here. The Poll included almost every critically acclaimed game of the year across all formats. There isn't one game there shouldn't be on the list for a game of the year poll. I think he covered everything quite well.

Games like AC:2 are considered a 2009 games because it's the year it first came out for any format. If this was a PC only poll then I would agree that AC:2 should be there.

Only so many games can be included in a Poll and in order to keep people happy it might be better to just make a new PC only game of the year Poll.

42744906.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't see what the fuzz is about, all those games have critical acclaim and are loved by their fanbase, any normal gamer will confirm that as do the almost 50 votes by now. It's not a "vote the best ArmAII expansion of 2010" or "Best console port from 2009" thread, but GOTY 2010. Then such a statement as a forum moderator is just completely unprofessional by any means, sorry.

Operation Arrowhead is a standalone game, thank you very much.

Anyways, imo there is more to a 'game of the year' than '90% of the normal gamers played it so is good'.
There is far more interesting stuff than the big names in these years. I'd rather vote for something like Frozen Synapse than any of the titles in the poll.

Upvote 0