• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Chainsaw

There are a few other issues with it as well.

For one thing, with Berserker rank 4 I can kill a scrake faster with a machete than the primary chainsaw attack, but with any other class the chainsaw primary attack is much faster. I think that the Berserker class bonuses might not be applied to the chainsaw properly.

Upvote 0
The bonus' are definately applied for perk 5, you can test by chainsawibng with a fast click and instantly headshotting any clot and killing, whereas with another perk it doesn't always rip the head off, and even when it does it makes them stumble around for a bit. Plus the chainsaw can alt fire kill a scrake in 3 hits on suicidal at 5, dunno about primary fire but thats for lower end mobs only

Upvote 0
The thing is...you don't ever see REAL chainsaws animate much either. When the blade is moving, it looks almost solid, just like in the game, and most of them don't "rattle" like doom's unless they're cutting into something hard. It's more of the noise and the reaction of what it's cutting that gets a chainsaw to see 'active' and I think the game does that pretty well.

However, it does make you a good bit slower than it should. I get that it's heavier than other melee weapons. But it shouldn't make you run like a guy with maxed weight toting a LAW...

Upvote 0