• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

Excuse me?! Excuse me?!

He's talking about the option to have a 2D scope, if you don't like the 3d scope system. Similar to that Roost had 3d scopes and 2d scopes.

I'm worried...

...that tripwire again wont touch the code for demo playback and recording, letting it a buggy piece of crap
...that tripwire wont give us 1st person weapons in demos
...that HoS gets released so late, that Rypel wont make a RO version of RypelCam
...that HoS will be as buggy as Ostfront
...of too many FOV changes one can't deactivate
...of too many mousesens changes one can't deactivate
...that there won't be a 2D scope

Agree with the things that matter for competitive play, and am personally really annoyed as well that the mouse speed changes when you rest your weapon in roost.

I hope that for both mouse speeds and fovs, that users can somewhat configure within set bounds by TWI, what they want for every setting. Aka not only one mouse sensitivity, but sensitivities for different iron sights and resting modes.
And that people can go with either a constant fov or less transitioning.

Personally I'm afraid of free aim in iron sight as well. Either it makes your sight not react linear with your mouse movement or it makes your gun not react linear with your mouse. I personally hate mouse acceleration and I'm afraid that the free aim in iron sight makes it feel as if the game got mouse acceleration. The unreal engine is already notorious for their mouse lag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Im most worried that the armour system will be as ridiculous as in the first red orchestra with the tank shells bouncing off tanks just because they are angled. Also I am worried about the emphasis they are putting on knocking out secondary systems on tanks. This is because if they put too much emphasis on this then players will concentrate more on the secondary systems than blowing the enemy tank up.

Can someone explain to me why tank rounds wouldn't bounce of an angled tank? I'm pretty sure the reason they started having sloped armor is to have a built in angulation.

Sure there needs to be tweaking - especially in terms of overmatch and such. But tank angle still needs to be part of the equation.

I think simply angling the tank won't be such a good tactic, as it exposes the suspension, tracks, and other secondary systems more - which will lead to a crippled tank.

Upvote 0
Excuse me?! Excuse me?!
#2 that I will experience the same lack of team communication as I did in Ost. Whenever I played rarely did anyone ever use voice, and if they did 1 of 3 things would happen:1 they would be speaking in another language (sorry guys I only know English) 2 they would have an accent that I couldn't understand along with the poor mic.

and 3, they were yelling/swearing at their teammates. (or just plain swear/mic spamming)

in the end all I could do was watch my teammates and try to play off of their movements. which sometimes worked and sometimes... I don't want to talk about that.

What you're essentially describing as a problem is simply the free will, there is absolutely nothing Tripwire can do to actually force players to talk reason in voip. It's not a problem of the game , its a problem related to the players, this is a multiplayer game it will always have issues like this if you pubb with people.

Play with a mature and established community or a clan etc if you want structured teamwork, but you should not expect it from every single pub game you join, that's an unrealistic goal for an MP game.

He's talking about the option to have a 2D scope, if you don't like the 3d scope system. Similar to that Roost had 3d scopes and 2d scopes.

I don't see any reason at all why Tripwire would give you an option to have 2d overlay and i bet my arse it aint gonna happen since its a part of how the sniping is meant to work in RO HOS. You might argu that options are good and sure they are very often(especially server settings), but TW can't make options out of everything, it would just be silly and take an gignorums amount of time they don't have.

Pleasing everyone is impossible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I find the use of in game voip on DH still quite constructive , and futhering the game on at the mo.

RO at the mo is a bit hit and miss....was on Danzig the other day , managed the sniper rifle went up into overwatch on the west bridge......LOL , no joke 10 - 12 riflemen in there.....needless to say we didnt get very far in that match.

sry bit of the subject there

Upvote 0
there are many places to fight and one obviously wont enter that place with a bolt action rifle...

But you have to enter the apartments if you want your team to capture it. Even as a rifleman. Because at least 70% of the Russian team sure as hell never even try to cap the apartments. It usually comes down to 5 or so people capping it.

Odessa's objectives are definitely CQB. IMO grenade range = CQB.

Upvote 0
But you have to enter the apartments if you want your team to capture it. Even as a rifleman. Because at least 70% of the Russian team sure as hell never even try to cap the apartments. It usually comes down to 5 or so people capping it.

Odessa's objectives are definitely CQB. IMO grenade range = CQB.

Thats only a problem when you have a bad team in a public server, that said, I rarely play any game in Odessa in which the Russian team didn't cap the first two objectives.

Reactions: Schreq
Upvote 0
What you're essentially describing as a problem is simply the free will, there is absolutely nothing Tripwire can do to actually force players to talk reason in voip. It's not a problem of the game , its a problem related to the players, this is a multiplayer game it will always have issues like this if you pubb with people.

Yeah I totally get that man, I realize its out of tripwires hands, just saying.;)

My biggest worry is that the developers will add some of the out of this world stupid ideas that have been brought up here.
Here Here!

Upvote 0
I'm worried...

...that tripwire again wont touch the code for demo playback and recording, letting it a buggy piece of crap
...that tripwire wont give us 1st person weapons in demos
...that HoS gets released so late, that Rypel wont make a RO version of RypelCam
...that HoS will be as buggy as Ostfront
...of too many FOV changes one can't deactivate
...of too many mousesens changes one can't deactivate
...that there won't be a 2D scope

Now that's something I can agree with, if the Demo recording doesn't work, my wallet doesn't either.

Upvote 0
Because not being able to record yourself or others playing is an obvious gamebreaker...:confused:

Yes it is, for myself and many people. Without the ability to record a demo you can't have any level of legitimate competition. I don't get any enjoyment from dominating people in normal play. I only enjoy competition, if HoS doesn't have a working demo record, I know many people who won't even look at it.

I think some of you guys just call anything a troll these days. Trolls.

Upvote 0
Yes it is, for myself and many people. Without the ability to record a demo you can't have any level of legitimate competition. I don't get any enjoyment from dominating people in normal play. I only enjoy competition, if HoS doesn't have a working demo record, I know many people who won't even look at it.

I think some of you guys just call anything a troll these days. Trolls.

I doubt anyone will miss you or your quake team arena all stars. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
Because not being able to record yourself or others playing is an obvious gamebreaker...:confused:

In red orchestra 1 you cannot see where someone is aiming as there is no gun or crosshair. The viewpoint of the camera is off in demo recordings when your weapon is deployed, rested or you are prone or leaning.

In competitive gaming, you need to be able to verify that someone is playing legit when another team accuses someone of cheating. And key click logs, demo recordings, secondary anti cheat systems, screenshot grabbers, logs of programs in memory, and a copy of someone's configuration files. All help with that.

If there is no way to referee a match then there is no way that in the end game play can be fair, resulting in the death of any competitive gaming.

Upvote 0