• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Brute concept art

RUSTIK

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Marietta GA
I heard Mr. Gibson say that Tripwire likes the Brute idea but it needed to fit kf's art style better. I personally agree, The Brute is a good idea but needs the art changes so here is what I came up with! Like it or hate it I wanna know, thanks.

I also take no credit for the original Idea of "The Brute"

Attachments

• Brute_scaled001.jpg
    Brute_scaled001.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Brute_scaled002.jpg
    Brute_scaled002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
I heard Mr. Gibson say that Tripwire likes the Brute idea but it needed to fit kf's art style better. I personally agree, The Brute is a good idea but needs the art changes so here is what I came up with! Like it or hate it I wanna know, thanks.

I also take no credit for the original Idea of "The Brute"

That is some fantastic artwork. It is a really cool idea.

But I think the devs are looking for a more humanoid creature (I know apes are humanoid, bear with me). Humanoid meaning someone/something covered by skin and not fur.

Also, I think they want the "I've been experimented on/with" and "I was created in a twisted biotics lab" looks. Which I see you've incorporated with the scars and metal plate.

p.s.- I really like your foundry worker drawing! he's probably my second favorite skin behind the paramedic :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i have to agree, great concept but it lacks the " horror experiment" touch..

a few ideas.

• give him a little more metal integrated bio parts,
  • some kind of "rage machine" like the FP (but than as a control device to keep horzine in control)
  • less fur
  • some kind of sight enhancement device half planted in his face (so he can see "bullet trajectories".
  • some kinda of mutated muscle enhancement so his muscles look kinda bulky and abnormal.
  • get rid of his lips. so he gets that "monster" look

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't like the Guerrilla take on it,

:troll:

Anyway, this is one nice drawing. I reckon that the "brute" looks ok so far with the inclusion of metal plating, but maybe like, he should have a few tubes connected over his body, like from his shoulder to his wrists, etc, and if you look at the old FP design, take a look at the wierd ring around his forehead which connects to his shoulder with like, four metal mini-poles. perhaps some spiked collars/braclets could be thrown in. Still, so far, so good.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
I do think from the stand point of a 3D modeler and texture r a hair-less ape is a much better idea, I can do another with a half melted face tubes coming out of it rage meter and all of the other fantastic ideas you guys had, I just need a day and i'll post another one thanks or the feedback!

Looking forward to it! :D I recommend you take a look at the KF 1.0 Fleshpound for a little inspiration.

Upvote 0
Make the Brute as ugly, scary, and repulsive as humanly possible, and hairless to stay within the naked theme of KF specimens, maybe with some shredded undies, and I think it will look sweet. And it shouldn't look like a gorilla, unless you can find a way to marry a guerrilla to a cloned specimen theme, much like the crawler, then a animal variant specimen would work.

Upvote 0
I've just spoken to Yoshiro and he mentioned that if it does get added officially (which is a possibility in the near future) they are going to have their art guy take a look at it and make the style more like other specimens. Just thought you guys might like to know.

Nice drawings by the way, although I do agree that is has to be more humanoid, unless you can make it look like some kind of man/gorilla hybrid, an experiment meant to increase muscle mass and general physique. :)

Upvote 0
Maybe something more like this? I want to get a direction going before I do another high detail one.

I spent time on making a hybrid, human/ape figure and in the process I mixed Brock Lesnar's face in with a monkey's in which I added to the attachment's:p

Attachments

• lesnarape.jpg
    lesnarape.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Brute_scaled003.jpg
    Brute_scaled003.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I do think from the stand point of a 3D modeler and texture r a hair-less ape is a much better idea, I can do another with a half melted face tubes coming out of it rage meter and all of the other fantastic ideas you guys had, I just need a day and i'll post another one thanks or the feedback!

All these suggestions here are great, but don't try to cram too much into the model. Adding all of this stuff would make it look too busy and forced.

Its just like trolling: you need to be subtle :troll:

Upvote 0