• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hit detection blows

That could also be a slow death situation. Sometimes you shoot someone and they "die", but they have a few seconds of stumbling around before they actually keel over and give up the ghost.

Slightly off topic but a slow death animation/fatally wounded shot would not cause this situation. If you put another bullet into somebody who is stumbling around or writhing on the floor they drop dead.

Upvote 0
Everyone,

There was a bug with custom ironsight zoom settings (which could be customized in the settings menu) that was causing the aim to be WAY off when using ironsights. This issue has been fixed for the update releasing today. This bug would definitely cause people to miss if they were using these settings, even at close range.

Upvote 0
Everyone,

There was a bug with custom ironsight zoom settings (which could be customized in the settings menu) that was causing the aim to be WAY off when using ironsights. This issue has been fixed for the update releasing today. This bug would definitely cause people to miss if they were using these settings, even at close range.

Ramm I thought no one was at Valve today?? So are you saying we really are getting it today?

Upvote 0
Getting these lag/bullet problems, it's making me rather enraged sometimes.
Like having to empty an entire mag on someone who's at 10 metres, and is strafing slowly while trying to shoot at me and for some reason I have to empty the entire mag before he dies for some reason.

Got another problem when I'm covering a set of stairs on Apartments on the axis side at potapova park. A guy runs in I start shooting at him while he sprints up the stairs, I run out of ammo and then my controls bugged out because it wouldn't let me do anything. He should've died though, barely any of the bullets were hitting the walls around him, they were just going straight through him.

Upvote 0
Everyone,

That would completely explain the issue I had on TWI's UK server today.

2 shots from from bolt action down sights on a Gerries head. Said soldier was facing away from me so I took all the time needed to aim twice.

I was most surprised at the strength of this soldiers head as my bullets bounced of causing not even a flinch.

As I sat there in awe of this German's extraordinary noggin a friend of his turned me into a colander.

Upvote 0
Also I was wondering, are all bullets supposed to make an impact on walls, or only random ones? Because I seem to remember in RO1, if I shot at the floor, every shot I fired would cause a puff of dust to shoot up. But on RO2 if I do the same thing, not all of the shots do. It doesn't matter if I'm firing automatic, semi or bolt, not all of the hits are making an impact.

Upvote 0
This has not been fixed, it is not the same glitch. It happens the most with the PPSH. If i'm shooting from the hip and a german is shooting his MP-40 from the hip, MP-40 always wins, which it shouldn't cause it shoots slower. I can never seem to get a hit from the hip with the PPSH while it is incredibly easy with the MP-40.

See more here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=58674

Upvote 0
This is a major problem.

I'd say 30% of the time (on low ping servers) shots aren't registering.

Cannot recreate a specific situation.

I had to just exit out of the game before I ran around punching people in my house from rage due to this...

Using the PPSH and a point blank crouching German, used up all my bullets, then tried to melee him... all while that same German then switched to pistol and shot me to death.

This wasnt the first time this same situation played out for me, and its not cool.

Upvote 0
Everyone,

Ramm, just on this point: even post-update I was experiencing an ironsight misalignment problem intermittently. I had the default zoom settings at the time, and the ironsights refused to line up properly (couldn't even see the reticule at the end of the gun, it was that out of whack).

Is this related at all, or another bug that I should report?

Upvote 0