• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crouch Toggle

I think it would be annoying to have to keep the button pressed to stay crouched. Ok if you just stay crouched a few seconds, but not for longer periods of time.

What I would like to see is separate "go to crouch" and "stand up" controls. Now, you first have to remember your current stance before pressing the button (not always easy, and the stance indicator is hidden most of the time, making it pretty useless). I keep bobbing up and down all the time because of this, to check the stance. When I press the crouch control, I want to go to crouch, regardless of the current stance.

I would love to se a permanently visible stance indicator (is there maybe already a setting for this?), and a "go to crouch", "go to prone" and "stand up" control.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How are you going to sprint from a crouched position? it would break the control scheme since your left pinky would need to press SHIFT and CTRL at the same time.

ive only been playing for 5 mins so forgive me if im wrong+seeming very confused. (ive been playing RO/Darkest Hour for a LONG time+im used to the normal way of crouching...thats all. Again...im sorry if im not understanding the concept here.

Basically I used my 2nd crouch key (ALT) to sprint+crouch at the same time, in RO1

In my opinion it just adds to a clunky feeling everytime I have to press crouch...sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME I WANT!....NOT HOW YOU WANT!.

So true, arguing what system is "best" is useless, we all have different preferences. Hopefully, we can get the developers to add more control options, so that everyone can use what they like best.

Some prefer to hold a button for the iron sights, while others want to toggle them. And there are many different ways to control the stance too (toggle, hold or raise/lower stance). There should be options for as many different control methods as possible.

Upvote 0
As soon as I joined beta I was terrified that I have to toggle crouch and aim. I still can't get used to it after playing ro2 for nearly a month. I tried the solution in config files but it didn't work for me.
Why do I want it to be HOLD not toggle?
I have to press twice to sit/ironsight and then to stand up/aim. I'm simply wasting my time and getting killed by a grenade for example only because I couldn't stand up and run in time. Or aiming fast and shooting than back to normal than aiming fast again and so on.
But yeah IF YOU ARE A CAMPER then toggle to sit and toggle to aim is the way to go! Which I'm not, so fast actions are very important to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a short example which explains why I hate toggle:
If I use HOLD to sit. A nade drops near me. The only thing I have to do is to release ctrl and press shift to sprint in full speed.
If I use TOGGLE to sit. First I have to press ctrl to stand up, then shift to sprint or I can run without standing up but with reduced speed.
Toggle is simply slower, it requires one more action to do compared to hold. So it simply reduces my chances for survival. And there are lots of nades dropping near me every single match I play. So it's getting very annoying to use toggle to sit. And been killed because of slow controls.
I'm not sure if I have a problem to hold ctrl for a long time since I'm mostly playing with smg and 99% of all time I'm on the move and not sitting somewhere.
Anyway the simple solution would be to have two options in control menu, so everyone will be satisfied.

Upvote 0