• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lee Enfield Weapon Suggestion

Arcane

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
england
I am surprised the Lee Enfield hasn't been included in the weapon roster. It's a British weapon, and it's a bolt-action rifle, which the game seems to be lacking.

I am a big fan of bolt-actions in games, and it would be a nice addition if the devs would include it in any updates they plan to release. Although, any new and more varied weapons would benefit the game overall.

The Lee Enfield Mk.III especially over the Mk.IV, as it looks nicer and plays nicer. Here's a pic of it for anyone who wants to see it.
Lee%20Enfield%20No1%20Mk3%20SMLE.JPG

First, how does it fit the theme? That rifle isn't common today.

Second, what would make it different from the lever-action rifle, aside from being slower to fire and having only a few rounds per magazine?

that rifle isnt common today while the lever action is? pah there are more lee enfields made then 1894 lever actions, and being a british gun it would be likely to find them scattered through rural areas as they were the 'thing to buy' for a cheap hunting rifle after ww2.

Next IRL the 1894 holds 7 rounds in the tube, 1 in the chamber, ingame they bolstered that to ten, IRL the lee enfield holds 10 in the mag, 1 in the chamber, so please explain how 11<8 or 11<10? next to that anyone with ok coordination can fire the lee enfield at 1 bullet per second (I personally can do 10 bullets in 9 to 8 seconds on my lee enfield). Also having a 1894 winchester I know bloody well you have to be alot better with a lever action skill wise then somone would have to be with an enfield to fire faster then them.

I personally would really like to see this weapon ingame, bear in mind that I drool over this gun so its just partly because of that. It could be given a scope (and please nonscoped model). However it could also be very easily added in by a mod.

(the KF team should really just have an input method, you make a nice weapon / map and input it and it could become an official part of the game)

as an edit / addon, Arcane they should make the no4 mk1 instead, but whichever one it is IT NEEDS A BAYONET!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Uhh, what? There are tons lying around in surplus. You can pick one up for about $300. I own two (1 Mk.III, 1 no. 4)

Second, what would make it different from the lever-action rifle, aside from being slower to fire and having only a few rounds per magazine?

Uhh, what? They have 10 rounds per magazine, which is the same (and can be reloaded quicker).

Also, SMLEs are renowned for their light, quick action. Hell, the Brits used to put tons of lead downrange by having their index finger and thumb around the bolt handle and using their middle finger to fire. I bet you could rip off just as many shots with a Lee-Enfield as a Winchester model 1886.

Upvote 0
Really? Where would you purchase these guns? I am an avid WW2 weapon fan and would like to see them

SMLE's are a little harder to come by in the US, I'd look online. As for Mosin Nagants, I would be surprised if your local military surplus stores didn't have a least a few in stock. If you can't find it locally, I'd suggest looking for an online retailer like JGSales or AimSurplus, they've usually got them for $100 or less.

Upvote 0
Really? Where would you purchase these guns? I am an avid WW2 weapon fan and would like to see them

Depends on where you live.

I live in canada, so I get them here.

In the States, you can get them at, I dunno, classicarms or something. Ask around.

Mosin-Nagants are fairly easy to come by; I have a 91/30 and an east german M44 that I love, some can be had for less than $100. I've even seen an ad for a crate of 20 91/30s for $1150. I guess if you break one, you can just pick up the next.

Then there's 98Ks that are more-or-less as available as SMLEs, though some of the rarer variants are pricier (I've got a Norweigan K98 in .30-06 that set me back about twice a normal 98 would cost).

If it's your first gun, buy a .22 and learn to shoot that first. You'll develop bad habits and probably a flinch if you dive right into a full-calibre rifle.

Upvote 0
wait, is that an 1886 ingame? to me it looked a fair bit like the 1894 that i have, except for the octagonal barrel. (but those can be made to order for a small wagonload of $)

yeah, on a second look around the 1886 had an odd side door, the one ingame is not that of a 1886, but of the 1894 (and countless othermodels)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wait, is that an 1886 ingame? to me it looked a fair bit like the 1894 that i have, except for the octagonal barrel. (but those can be made to order for a small wagonload of $)

yeah, on a second look around the 1886 had an odd side door, the one ingame is not that of a 1886, but of the 1894 (and countless othermodels)

I dunno, really. I know very little about leverguns, outside of the Henry I have.

I guess my memory of the KF rifle was hazy; I thought it had a full-length tube.

Upvote 0

Well it fits the theme, as it is a British weapon, and the games is set in rural England. Secondly, the maps have weapons scattered around, with a variety ranging from crossbows to desert eagles, so that's not a problem either.
It's maybe not as common as standard issue rifles in this time period, but it is still a much loved and used weapon.

it would definitely suit the game too. It's not a replacement for the lever, it's just an alternative. The difference between the 9mm and the Desert Eagle/Handcannon in the game are very very low, however both are different in terms of firepower and capacity etc...

Upvote 0
Level Action Rifle=late 1800s OLD WESTERN rifle. It doesn't fit a British theme at all. It has high fire rate, slow reload rate. And it has low penetration, .32 caliber rounds. It's kind of a bore of a rifle.

Lee Enfield=High caliber, long range, scope optional. 10 round magazine with 5 round charger clips. Higher penetration, slower firing, more accurate. Could be included in sharpshooter perk. Could have a bayonet added to the end of it. Overall a more unique, and much more understandable rifle.

Upvote 0
Level Action Rifle=late 1800s OLD WESTERN rifle. It doesn't fit a British theme at all.

Plenty of lever-action rifles are still manufactured today, hell, Winchester only very recently stopped production (in 2005) of their classic rifles. The action is pretty good for engaging lots of targets at once, like in Killing Floor.

but, but....the winchester is so badass!

True that, but, still.

Upvote 0