• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give Squad Leaders a little more infomation (and maybe a score incentive)

LOOY

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Basically after reading this thread and the developer responses I realised why people spawn so infrequently on SLs. I think giving the squad leader a little more information would be helpful. For those that can't be bothered to read through the thread, the SL just needs to be out of sight of the enemy AFAIK.

It could work like this: The Squad Leader can see respawn time in tactical view like the commander, however he only sees the names of people trying to spawn on him. This allows the SL to realise when his teammates are trying to spawn on him so he can hide away to allow a safe spawn, otherwise he might stick his head out at the wrong time and cause everyone a long walk from the default spawns.

After a successful spawn, the SL is shown a little message saying "X squad members spawned on you" to confirm that his guys are nearby (sometimes it's not obvious as they spawn on a different story of the building or behind a wall). I also think it would be fair to award a few points (half a point for each teammate, rounding up) for spawning people in certain areas, like enemy cap zones.

Yes the little message like x has respawned on you etc is a great idea and would help to give the squad leaders a little feed back that the things they are doing are having an effect.

Also being able to see who is waiting in the sqd spawn queue, then you can get in a good position ready for it rather than just hanging around hiding and such, hoping a few might spawn on you.

Upvote 0