• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Broken MKB sound

sparrow560

Sep 16, 2011
Actually, its not restricted to the MKB. In some cases, say, the MG34, when you fire even a small burst the game stutters right at the end of the burst, like it skips a beat or something. Really annoying. Same for MKB. Makes it near impossible to kill its user, on account of it making me stutter. I say broken sound because the MKB's sound is accompanied by that annoying background crackling sound, that you can tell it's bugged. I don't know if it's only in the MKB, but it certainly is the most noticeable.

I think the problem is caused by the fact that rapid fire of the MkB is a collection of individual 'single fire' sounds - a good fix would be to make a loopable 'rapid fire' sound, like what most games do.

Doing this would mean only creating a single sound object every couple of seconds (obviously stoppable at any point during the sound, if the user stops firing), instead of a sound object for every shot fired.

If you get me.

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue in a few Source Engine games. Is anyone else using a Soundblaster X-Fi series card? I fixed the issue on Source by going into the output device's control panel and reducing the quality to 16-bit, 4400hz. I'm having the same issue here, and going to attempt this method -- I'll report back with the results ASAP.

-update

Played a couple of rounds with the aforementioned solution, and the cracking sound fade-out seems to be gone. I'll keep playing and see if the results are concrete!

Last edited:
Upvote 0