• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server is working but not showing in server browser

markmm

Aug 31, 2011
I setup a new server and everything seems to be running great except i don't see it in the public server browser. It shows up in the LAN tab and I can connect to it with direct connect/open. I can connect to it with the public and internal IP and I have had friends connecting to the server fine with the open command.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem until I enabled the web admin option. Once I got that configured, the server was then showing up in the server browser. I'm not sure if that's simply coincidental or if that changed something else, too. Not much of a root cause analysis, I know... but it fixed the problem I was having. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I have been using the web admin all along following the directions from here.:(:confused: Everything works great except my server does not show up in the server browser for people to find.

Upvote 0
So it seems that in some cases, it just takes time to show up.
Other cases, it can sometimes be seen, others it cannot.

Earlier I tried changing the region=255 to region=1 (region 1 is western america), as a test. Someone who couldn't see it now can, but I'm not 100% positive that was it. This is in the ROEngine.ini.

Anyway, good luck, hopefully someone can track down the real fix, as that would be nice. In the meantime, just have everyone use open and good luck. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0