• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Waaaaay too much Fallout: New Vegas than what is good for me... great game though, so much to explore.

this week i bought that in a set with a book and some poker crap in the box, quite a decent special edition tbh -
will playing this before i finish FO3 matter in any way? (either story wise or because it's such an improvement fo3 will seem rubbish?)

Upvote 0
Just finished Deus Ex: Invisible War. It was a very mediocre game and you could feel that it was limited by xbox development almost everywhere. I starting cheating towards the end because the game became annoying with armored templars suddenly appearing, that was when I really just wanted to finish it already. The game definitely lives from its' deus ex art style and story. I'm really happy though that Human Revolution will be more like DX1.

Reactions: {Core}Craig
Upvote 0
this week i bought that in a set with a book and some poker crap in the box, quite a decent special edition tbh -
will playing this before i finish FO3 matter in any way? (either story wise or because it's such an improvement fo3 will seem rubbish?)

Yeah, I'd recommend to finish FO3 as New Vegas is set 4 years after the events in DC, but there's not really a lot of back-references and you can play it without knowing much of the backstory - although that does help for immersion.

Engine-wise its the same though, its got its quirks and bugs same as FO3, but the wasteland looks great and its bloody huge, I think even bigger than FO3.

Upvote 0
I got bitten by the nostalgia bug and went looking for used PS2 games.

Found a complete copy of Shim Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Maniacs edition for just $30. SCORE!

Been playing that like an addict for the last three days. I totally outgrew many JRPGs, but this game does so many things right, including the atmosphere, I can't help but love it.

Upvote 0
Wait......you're not joking?

Very poor game.

The command menu is better than ArmA2's, but it is still laggy, slow, and unresponsive. I don't see how it is hard to make a SWAT 4 or Raven Shield style command menu.

The only good points where:

- All the weapons had their own animations.

- It ran nicely.

- Vehicles felt more realistic than ArmA 2.

Outside of that, it sucked. I hate reloading a checkpoint, only for my squad mates to spawn 2 kilometers or so behind me (seriously). They have poor navigation as well, so it took them 15 or so minutes to reach me.

Upvote 0
Tell me more...
Well it is easily one of the most under-recognized games out there. It includes a) a remastered version of Escape from Butcher Bay which is a game EVERYONE should've played because it's simply AWESOME(metacritic rating 90%) b) Assault on Dark Athena which from what I heard is more action-orientated and not as good as Butcher Bay but still ok. So for 5

Reactions: {Core}Craig
Upvote 0
Well it is easily one of the most under-recognized games out there. It includes a) a remastered version of Escape from Butcher Bay which is a game EVERYONE should've played because it's simply AWESOME(metacritic rating 90%) b) Assault on Dark Athena which from what I heard is more action-orientated and not as good as Butcher Bay but still ok. So for 5

Upvote 0