• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 Scoped

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate it. The narrow view and low zoom make it a weak bonus for long range shooting, and the scope itself manages to grossly obstruct the iron sights as well. The scoped Kar98k also has badly obstructed iron sights.

I'm glad the scoped Mosin and SVT are much cleaner.
I enjoy seeing flawed designs. Take another classic: The AVT-40. It was an attempt to convert SVT-40's into a machine gun role, to fill the urgent need for more machine guns in the Red Army. Didn't quite work out so well. No ammo capacity, hideous recoil, hideous reliability. But oh so fun.

The G41 with scope; have you tried it at 230-800 meters? I know probably not since the maps are so small. But I do suspect it would have some use at such ranges, where the enemy is barely a pixel in size when using only ironsights. Would allow seeing some enemies as well as accurately aiming the sights. Or it should.

Another advantage of the G41 scope is that one still has some peripheral vision. The regular marksman rifle scopes are so huge that one can't even see where one is aiming (say you are trying to move your scoped view from one building to another by rotating a bit, you can barely even see that, even less some muzzle flash that goes off in your front view). Normal scopes have extremest of extreme tunnel vision.

Upvote 0
The general design is fine, it's just matter of scope correlation.

I've had a think about this, and really there's no reason why this sight would be mounted so that it's pointing downards. When you look through it, there's no prism or anything acting like a periscope, so why should it shift your view downwards significantly?

I'd love to know whether this is a bug/consequence within the engine of offering iron sights as well as the scope. The only other possibility I can think of is that the devs didn't want people using this as a collimated red-dot CCO, and so purposefully made it more awkward to use.

Devs?

Upvote 0
G41 scoped is god-awful...anytime I see someone through normal vision and try to aim gun to get enemy in scope, I have to aim high or to the right or left of where I think he should be

player doesn't even look DOWN the scope properly...his head is way back looking at the scope like it was a TV

Upvote 0