• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2 simple quest about HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the answers to those questions are capable of damaging the marketing proces...
So hopefully they will be answered. :D
Suspension also interests me, but I hope that vehicular dynamics (speed drops during gear shifts, automatic clutch control, torque curve, wheel/track-spin/blocking, etc, acceleration, etc) in general are improved.

I hate the extremely low 0-Vmax times and seamless F1-style gear shifting in Ostfront 41-45.
Or not being able to go up slopes because there is no clutch control modelled in the game and the tank probably has a fixed absolute zero RPM.
Yet I took that for granted because the game in general was WIN and it's their first retail game.
But they shouldn't repeat that again, if they'll make another combined arms game...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lol sorry dude i couldn't resist 'cos you cracked me up - after over 2 years of requesting , nay, demanding the next game be RO2, when you finally get your wish you follow it up by randomly picking 2 of the most specific questions I could imagine...

I just imagined a guy so excited by the news that he's now got a head full of broken biscuits, and doesn't know what to ask next lol

Upvote 0
If this is in Stalingrad, we're probably not going to be seeing that much armor. That is, unless the game covers the battles outside the city.
There were plenty of armored battles in the city for example in Red October factory, "Dzershinzky", “Red Barricade”, Fallen fighters square (Sept.-Oct not sure of exact date too late to look up atm), ect (not including any tanks fromthe rest of Operation Blau).... only later (Jan) during the winter encirclement is when the Germans ran out of fuel for their tanks and had to abandon them. Some 300 Panzer III's and Stugs were captured modified and put into useage by the soviets(Su-76i).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol sorry dude i couldn't resist 'cos you cracked me up - after over 2 years of requesting , nay, demanding the next game be RO2, when you finally get your wish you follow it up by randomly picking 2 of the most specific questions I could imagine...

I just imagined a guy so excited by the news that he's now got a head full of broken biscuits, and doesn't know what to ask next lol

Haha you're 100% right! Theres so much I want to ask but realise Im not going to get answers!

I chose those cos they are important. Remember ringing in Vietcong? And why should real suspension be confined to the hardcore sims that are totally un-user friendly to pick up and play??? :rolleyes:

Hopefully these will get answered but its looking doubtful now :(

Upvote 0
Yes, there are lots of places in Stalingrad that had fierce tank fights however its very close range( I prefer long range) idk if RO2 has tanks or vehicles at all however RO started as "combined arms" so I'm hoping that they will keep that idea alive in game 2.
I'm well aware of the armored battles inside Stalingrad, as well as the captured German tanks. I'm just saying, I doubt they chose Stalingrad as the setting to emphasize armored combat :p

Well maybe they didn't perhaps its not really confined to "Stalingrad" but the entire "Blau" operation which would be awesome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.