• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Picked up GTX 550 Ti

Gizmondo

Dec 31, 2011
Replaced my GT9800 with GTX 550 Ti for $129 and my FPS is definitely an improvement. I only have a q6800 quad 2.4, so getting a high end card isn't going to improve much over what I have. Its still crazy how my fps can fluctuate between 30 and 50 fps. I'm running just about everything on high at 1680 X 1050 and its amazing. But there are times when I run at 40 to 50 fps and 30 to 40 fps which is frustrating because lowering settings doesn't help much. Game is very playable when dipping to 30 but it feels so smooth when it's above 40. ;)

Reactions: wazups2x
Hey i replaced my 9800 GTX with the same card. Got it from tiger direct for 109 bux.....

Using it with a phenom II 965 ~3.4ghz Black Edition.

Running game at 1920x1080, all ultra detail except shadows set to medium and I have AA set to high.......Game looks/feels amazing. Need more maps like Spartanovka or however ya spell it!

Upvote 0
Smooth when is 60-80.
When is 30 is unplayable.
This isn't true at all. The PC I've had since November 2009 has been a budget PC. Before that I always spent a ton of money and obsessed over always having 60+ fps. Looking back I spent way more money that I should have considering that my games run at 45-60fps now and I see no real difference from when I always had the overpriced boss rig of the season.

Now I'll agree that 30fps isn't ideal, but it is playable. I had a friend in high school who played Counter Strike Source on a Radeon X200 integrated graphics chip. Didn't stop him from destroying anything in his path though.

Upvote 0
Replaced my GT9800 with GTX 550 Ti for $129 and my FPS is definitely an improvement. I only have a q6800 quad 2.4, so getting a high end card isn't going to improve much over what I have. Its still crazy how my fps can fluctuate between 30 and 50 fps. I'm running just about everything on high at 1680 X 1050 and its amazing. But there are times when I run at 40 to 50 fps and 30 to 40 fps which is frustrating because lowering settings doesn't help much. Game is very playable when dipping to 30 but it feels so smooth when it's above 40. ;)
O_O....
O_O.........
That's my same card, I got a quad core I5 3.10GHZ GTX 550TI EVGA gamers edition with 1gig or so of vram and 8 gigs of ram.. I run at 1680 by 1050 at 40 to 60 fps.. 40 being complete minimum.. 50 is my normal..
love the card.. its a great card plus it was only 100 dollers for me haha

Upvote 0
Smooth when is 60-80.
When is 30 is unplayable.

You sir, are dreadfully wrong. Let me guess, you have the best hardware money can buy and won't accept anything less?

Spoiler!

I've played as low as 15-20fps when the first crysis came out. Played through the game and yes explosions were an issue, but besides that I could play it and wasn't even frustrated.

Currently I run RO2 at 30-40fps and I don't think I'd see a difference over 50.

Upvote 0
I have the same card OP. It's good but since getting it I find after about 3-4 rounds the frame rate drops to around 30 or less and stays there. I have to restart the game to get it back up to 50-60.
It seems as if the memory on my card isn't clearing or something like that. Does anyone know if there's a texture memory purge console command?

Upvote 0