• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [MAP] WIP : Ishimura

Id love to see this happen, but Im not sure if theres anything I can do to help. I could probably get the new weapons (or necromorps) in game if someone can whip up working models and animations but thats about it I guess.

The_Sorrow has offered to help with weapons, but I have all the models and textures, I can easily do animations now aswell since last time I came here I have learned alot more, so it could be possible, I wont say no at the moment as I am hoping this will turn into something great for the community.

Im getting ready to hand out the content for it to start being converted, I am just fixing the models atm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Conversion ideas

Ok this is more a less to those who will be helping out, I am gonna hand out the models as open source anyway with their files in Max 2010 format, they have no animations yet, but its just for now to see how things go, also the scale and positioning may need to be altered as I have just converted and fixed these myself as they where originally converted to Gmod, so props to the people who converted them to Gmod originally.

What I plan underneith is all doable via mutators and the content of the rar in the download section.

Weapon Ideas

Melee : weapons stay the same

Guns

9mm pistol : replaced with Dead Space 1 Plasma Cutter
Dual 9mms : replaced with Twin Dead Space 1 Plasma Cutters
Hand Cannon : replaced with Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutter
Dual Hand Cannons : replaced with Twin Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutters

Shotgun : replaced with Dead Space 1 Line Gun
Hunting Shotgun : Replaced with Dead Space 1 Forcegun
AA12 : removed Completely
Bullpup : replaced with Dead Space 1 Pulse Rifle
AK-47 : replaced with Dead Space 2 Pulse Rifle (modded fire)
SCAR : removed Completely
Lever Action Rifle : replaced with Dead Space 2 Javelin Gun
Compound Crossbow : replaced with Dead Space 2 Seeker Rifle
M14EBR: removed Completely
MAC-10: removed Completely
FlameThrower: replaced with Dead Space 1 Flame Thrower
LAW: replaced with Dead Space 2 Hand cannon
M32 : replaced with Dead Space 2 Detonator
M79 : replaced with Dead Space 1 Contact Beam
PipeBomb : removed Completely
Grenade : stays the same
MP7M : replaced with Dead Space 2 Pulse Rifle (modded fire and skin)
Medical syringe : stays the same
Welder : replaced with Dead Space 1 Ripper

Zeds

Clot: replaced with Naked Slasher from Dead Space 1
Gorefast : replaced with Dark Slasher from Dead Space 1
Bloat : replaced with Crewman Slasher from Dead Space 1
Siren : replaced with Naked Slasher from Dead Space 1
Husk : replaced with Crewman Slasher from Dead Space 1 with a Flamer
Flesh Pound : removed Completely
Crawler : removed Completely
Stalker : replaced with Dark Slasher from Dead Space 1
Scrake : replaced with Crewman Slasher from Dead Space 1 with a Ripper
Patriarch : replaced with Col Victor Bartlett from Dead Space 2 Severed DLC

Characters

Trader : replaced with Lexine from Dead Space 2 Severed DLC

Players

1. replaced with Security Suits from Dead Space 2
  2. replaced with Titan Station Security Force from Dead Space 2
  3. replaced with Isaac Clark from Dead Space 1

Small Notes
To simulate the effects that Dead Space has on certain things, other effects from KF can be referenced and changed slightly...

Character Effects
The main effect for the Dead Space characters apart from the rig system has always been the look of the helmets, every helmet has a glow to it, and when you look closely ingame it has beams of light that are in between the visor slats, this could be easily done via adding some planes and then tinting the Light ray texture from KF_Mansion, and adding a glow emitter to it too might help.

Weapon Effects
The only weapon effects that need to be covered really are the mounted laser sights on each weapon (blue lasers not red like the MOD 14 EBR) , this can be done by tinting the colour of the laser effect and simply adding that onto the models, the other effect is the Contact beams laser contrail, as its the only proper laser weapon in Dead Space.

These are just some ideas I am openly expressing to see what people think, all the models are converted so here they all are here....

DOWNLOAD LINK

DeadSpace Mod.rar (37.85mbs) :http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B50KG3PR

Enjoy, I hope everyone can make use of this stuff while I am making the level and hopefully we can pull everything together to have a complete modification by the end :D

-Moody

Upvote 0
Even though you provided the download link to all the Max models, this is still so much work getting them decent in KF. I wish I had the time to help out, but my Ali...erm..."Extra-terrestrial" mod is taking all my time...and its basicly the same atmosphere were creating as the one your trying now. We also allready have the Extra-terrestrial Zeds running arround killing stuff.

We could re-use some of the space maps we got running on the server for this mod...but you might want to check the server first.

If you want to take a look with what we allready got, ill be happy to give you or the people interessted a tour of the server.

Steam : hemicrania

:)

Upvote 0
I assume this has been buried.
Yeah seems it especially as he's given the files away pretty much.

Conversion ideas

Ok this is more a less to those who will be helping out, I am gonna hand out the models as open source anyway with their files in Max 2010 format, they have no animations yet, but its just for now to see how things go, also the scale and positioning may need to be altered as I have just converted and fixed these myself as they where originally converted to Gmod, so props to the people who converted them to Gmod originally.

What I plan underneith is all doable via mutators and the content of the rar in the download section.

This seems like he wants US to try make it so he can see how people would do it. He has given us a good description on what he would like it to be though.

Upvote 0
just to clarify my previous post :

bla.jpg

This server has a Deadspace overhaul. With necromorphs and space themed maps. I even replaced the Patty with a Necro Isaac.

:D

Upvote 0
I tried this server and it is truly a different experience.

Necromorphs are way tough... feels like suicide more than hard. :D
Necromorphs feels perfect with the regular KF zeds... they blend well together. Should add Brute and Shiver back in too.. those fit together...

Space maps are good to start. I think to improve the maps, more detail or "stuff" needs to be added... this is comparing to playing Dead Space. I think some movable objects like crates, barrels, gurneys, helium tanks, paper and etc... should be littered all around... like as if the original setting was messed up... and there should be cracks, holes and vents in addition to the regular KF type spawn points so it feels the necros or zeds are coming through the walls... easy to hide these with some smoke, sparks and fire as cover since the map should have destroyed areas...

Weapons - need more firepower! Even the M44 is not enough on hard! Need military grade future weapons to take down these tough critters! Military grade turret from Aliens movie/comics is a must. Even just 2 or 3 of us, the necros spawn like crazy and mob is way too fast...

Heavy Machine gun type... just like Aliens HMG... really need heavy fire power to take down those big necros... LVL6 Commando with SCAR is not enough... Need heavy 50 caliber machine gun but not WW2 style.... maybe a remote controlled rover with machine gun?

I think 2 games to get more inspiration from, weapon wise, would be Alien Breed and Natural Selection (Half Life mod version and standalone version 2.0). Those would be perfect to take out the necros...

Love the Elite suit but my may wish is to get the security suit from DS2 multiplay. If you need the model, let me know and I can try to rip it from my DS2 game. Definitely need to see Isaac's suit in there along with the other suits... I think it is just a matter of time Hemi? Pretty please?? :D

Oh, and more blood... seriously... in the DS universe, the station and infected areas had tons of blood everywhere with bodies or half eaten parts... it helps set the mood and makes the survivors feel more alone... :D

Everyone here should try it out and give more feedback to Hemi and team.

Bravo work!

PS: If you guys need testing, add me on steam and pm me... If I can figure out KFed, I would love to make levels for this mod alone... Should go ahead and make my first box as a start... :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
haha cool vid m8 thanks. teehee. Yeah...I wish we had more space maps for KF...were still working on the A server, but mappers still create too much of this present armageddon crap lol. Our server has every space map for KF (every decent one), but we defo need more.

I wish the original mapper finished his map, that would add another one. Or port some UT maps....but that isnt easy. :)

And yes we will be adding new ones on the server.(necromorphs and other DS content)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I agree with you Hemi so here's one I just made

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=71342
http://www.fileplanet.com/224076/220...oor-dreddbeta3

I just put it on the white list page so hopefully it will be white listed soon.

Btw, this dead space work is amazing, great idea. Would be cool to see what comes from it and I'm sorry the original work was lost on a crashed hard drive, that kinda thing sucks.

thanks! I had the second version running, ill upload this one right away! Im currently working on a scifi weapon port to support the space theme adding 15 new guns or something....that should make it feel like DS a bit more.

Upvote 0