• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bleeding Out and weapon sway

Yeah that's good then, but does bandage heal life 100%? To me bandage crap was only useful if you wanted kill streaks. I would agree it should be longer than 2 secs. 5 is better. It would be cool if they had some sort of blur motion from shock. I don't like red heart beat fade stuff. Blurred motion, perhaps slow motion, light fade, and reduce/distorted sounds. lol That would be interesting. Anyway, it's realistic, I agree, it's not like TV where being shot is insta death, so this could add some real tention to the game. Is he dead? Should I storm the entrance? It does make interesting play.
According to Ramm, bandaging only stops the bleeding, aka stops you from taking damage, so I guess you'd still have lowered "health," though I don't think the system works that way. I do think, though, that if you get shot in enough extremities enough times, we can assume your player would be completely combat ineffective by that point and should die. So in other words, you should be able to die from getting hit in the legs, arms, or shoulders enough times.

Upvote 0
Yes but you would also have a lot less energy to control the recoil. So perhaps recoil should not increase, but mouse sensitivity should decrease.

Also, no red effects. Unless your eye capillaries are ruptured, you should not be seeing red. The current visual effect is actually quite realistic, though a bit too explicit. From my experience, you don't quite realize the effects shock until you're almost completely debilitated. So maybe the blackening effect should sort of creep in from the sides of the screen.

the sensitivity decrease would have its flaws as well becuase people could easily up theirs with the press of preprogrammed button

Upvote 0
OMG, for gods sake please no medics or self-bandaging wounds during a 15 minute battle...The dead and wounded are gathered after the battle.
Even if bandaging is allowed ( for whatever good that will do in game terms ) it would still take the whole game just to complete the procedure, and not the 2-5 minutes that someone is suggesting ( again, why something like this is done in between battles ).

Joe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OMG, for gods sake please no medics or self-bandaging wounds during a 15 minute battle...The dead and wounded are gathered after the battle.
Even if bandaging is allowed ( for whatever good that will do in game terms ) it would still take the whole game just to complete the procedure, and not the 2-5 minutes that someone is suggesting ( again, why something like this is done in between battles battle ).

Joe

Bandaging and surgery are two different things.

and no, the dead and wounded are not gathered after the battle, this isn't the civil war.

Upvote 0
Im sorry Dead but keep trying...And Surgery is done way after the battle, and probably into a Campaign.

Your posts are barely coherent tbh.

You said bandaging takes a long time, and I said no it's not surgery (surgery takes a long time).

The time spent bandaging depends on the wound, IRL. However in this game, if you were bleeding out, a bandage or tourniquet really wouldn't be of much use and you probably wouldn't want to keep fighting if that were the case.

And no, the dead and wounded are not collected after the battle. In most circumstances the wounded and sometimes the dead are immediately transported to a safer position if not all the way back to a mobile hospital. I really don't see where you get the notion that wounded soldiers lay in the middle of streets until the referee stops the fighting...

Upvote 0
Im sorry, but surgery has nothing to do with the point of my post.
Bandaging should not be permitted in this game...But I digress.

ugh :rolleyes:

I brought up surgery because you said bandaging a wound takes 15+ minutes. I said bandaging is not surgery (surgery usually taking a long time).

I also think in the case of RO, bandaging is probably unnecessary.

What exactly are you digressing to? Your posts are all over the place.

Upvote 0