• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design TriggeredPlayerStart Malfunction

Boxxxed

Grizzled Veteran
May 22, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I've created a few TriggeredPlayerStarts, 6 initially enabled and 6 initially disabled all with the Tag "Spawn". I then set the event of a mover to Spawn, so it disables and enables corresponding TriggeredPlayerStarts. I've testing this and it seems to work fine right after they're triggered but if I wait a while, even though nothing has triggered them again, I spawn back where the PlayerStarts are supposed to be disabled. I've even created a monitoring mover with the same tag as the PlayerStarts so I can see what Playerstarts are supposed to be active and what aren't. I've used all fields in the mover events to try and fix this. I've also used Proximity triggers but I get the same problem. Is there a time value in the player starts somewhere? Can someone tell me how you properly set these TriggeredPlayerStarts??

But TriggeredPlayerStart works, I used the same, but different Tags, try using different tags and use a ScriptedTrigger, set Wait for Event (for the trigger event) and put in this the event of Trigger, next set 2 Trigger Event, the first put the Tag of Enabled TPS, so, the another put the Tag of Disabled TPS, last set in scripted trigger Disable This Script, it is good if you use a Trigger that uses player proximity, it doesnt do the trigger action even if you walk again in that.

this is a small map where you spawn, and after touching the trigger you will appear in the another TPS. (open with KFED to see the trigger)
http://files.filefront.com/13917785

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thats doesnt matter, the TPS ever will active if you Enable this.

This text is called in the page that you putted.
bool bEnabled A PlayerStart is enabled by default; is this is set to False, players will not be spawned there. In UT a PlayerStart can be enabled/disabled by being triggered. In UT200x you need to use a TriggeredPlayerStart instead if you want to enable/disable the player start via triggering.Where UT200x is KF, is the same.

Upvote 0