• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hit detection issues or just my imagination?

Yes, we testers noticed this a bit in earlier beta, but have not been able to reliably reproduce it. There are a couple of theories on what the cause is though.

- Are you having trouble hitting stationary players or moving ones?
- Which part of the body is it that seems to be resisting your bullets?
- Are your targets proned or in cover at the time?
- Do you notice any contortion in the enemy model, like the arms pointing the wrong way etc?

Upvote 0
Yes, we testers noticed this a bit in earlier beta, but have not been able to reliably reproduce it. There are a couple of theories on what the cause is though.

- Do you notice any contortion in the enemy model, like the arms pointing the wrong way etc?

No these are stationary targets, I wouldn't have posted if they were moving because I might have just been off with my lead. And no the times I'm talking about were when they were in the open. A few times they were prone but I've had instances of it happening when they were crouched or standing in the open as well.

I have not noticed any kind of contortion on the enemy models.

It's happened both in iron sights and when hip shooting, like I said in times that I am sure there is absolutely no way I missed.

I don't think it's the inaccuracy of a gun either at that range (like I said it's happened at 50 meters and less)

I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably unfortunately but this def needs to be looked into. I'll try to figure out what's causing it if possible.

Upvote 0
I've had this ton of times and it ruins my day.

Unloading half a clip of a semi in the enemies chest across the hallway in the Propaganda House followed by him shooting you without a visible scratch made me want to break my keyboard in half more than once.

Also happened a few times with the PPSH, same scenario - closer range - a lot more bullets to the chest.

I've had the same issue with the P38 a few times.
An entire clip to the chest and not a flinch.

Upvote 0
I noticed this happens mainly at close range (could be a lot less obvious at long range ofcourse).
I've had it happen mostly when using pistols, and indoors.

Ya I neglected to add this to my post. I've never seen it happen on long range (over 75 meters). It's always close up which is pretty odd. Course I guess that could just be because I'm assuming I'm missing further out. Dunno.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I emptied an entire mag from an MP40 on a Russian running directly away from me (thus being stationary on the x axis) and I chalked it up to lag. I have had similar issues, though not as drastic, but generally speaking the detection is excellent. It's usually the chest or upper back btw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had it several times, all of them in close distance(4-10m). Most of the times the target was moving sideways,but sometimes was just standing still.
64p server

Because of the player count, I want to say lag could be a factor.

Did the target react in any way? As others have said, you can get shot and not die right away. Your character will stumble, screen fades to black and you can fire off a round or two (death grip).

Upvote 0
Iv'e had this only 2/3 times, the players in question where not moving, almost as if they were afk and the bullets literally had no effect, I thought it might be because they had timed out from the game but their avatar was still there.

There is a slight delay in the body disappearing after being shot, are you sure that they were not already dead? I only say this because a couple of times I had ranged head shot (over 150m shots) after a couple of seconds the body would disappear.

Upvote 0