• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TT33, Pistol sniping at 191 meters

View attachment 8748

Don't you think that's just tip top.

What are you saying? THat bullets don't fly that far? Well guess again.

When I was 16 yrs old I and my very thin body could shoot a freaking bow and arrow that far. I can assure you that the arrow would kill you if it hit you properly.

Now I'm taking bets on the bullet if you want.

----
Seriously though. Get all the turds that bad games have planted in your mind out plz. THis is obviously right. Your kill is a coincidence, and the ballistics are right. If you don't like proper ballistics you can play ....
Any other FPS in world history exept armed assault maybe.

---
What a pity ****ty threads like this keep soiling the forum's frontpage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can snipe with PPSH up to 150m, that explains why MGs are almost useless at these distances in this game.

Surely SMGs and pistols should have far less accuracy (i.e. more dispersion of rounds).

Maraz

AARg leave forum plz. Get BF3/cod and fall in love all over again with your awesome 'cone of roughly-aiming-here-fire'. Really awesome games will even give you an expanding circle so you can see how big the cone of noobyness is.

Upvote 0
I got a P38 kill on Fallen Fighters at around 156m..... I didn't upload the photo onto Steam so I can't link it..... but I was an MG in a window, ran out of ammo and figured before I went off to re-stock, I'd take a few pot shots at the enemy and took out one guy just below my window and another guy halfway across the map..... there's certainly a lot of lead you need to give on your aiming with the pistol, but it's possible to hit.

90% of my long range pistol shots either miss or hit in a non-critical area.... but every so often.....

Reactions: TT33 and k9mike
Upvote 0
The TT-33 feels like it has more power than any of the other Pistols (in-game); I frequently get 1-shot kills with it that don't hit the heart, where as the other Pistols are between 2 and 4 hits that fail to hit the heart/head etc.

It also has ridiculous recoiling animation, same with C96. Both these weapons should have the same low recoil as the P38. We don't need "CoD" balanced guns, we need realistic weapons. The pistol representation in RO1 was perfect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The pistol representation in RO1 was perfect.

The cone of fire was a bit ridiculous using sights, though I understand it was meant as a balance thing. Shooting someone with a Luger from the destroyed tank in the middle of Langermarkt to the steps near the statue should be a trivial shot in real life, yet in game you could have it stray off someone's upper body due to the insane spread.

---

Upvote 0
I don't try to use the PPSh or a pistol at a distance over 100m/50m because I know that I will miss most of the shots and can end up revealing my possition to unsuspecting enemies.
Plus, with the heat of the moment I can end up exposing myself and become a sitting duck. Since I play as a Soviet Squad Leader about 80% of the time, this is a BAAAAAAAAAD idea.

Generaly speaking, using weapons for doing things they where not designed to is not ideal. I wouldn't snipw with a C96 and I wouldn't go around runnin' & gunning with Mosin-Nagant. Exception to this is the MG34 wich works weirdly to well for German Rambo MaschineGewehrs.

Upvote 0
Generally speaking, binos are not that useful under 200 meters. But, you are not considering soldiers mostly hidden and in a not so perfect atmosphere with all the smoke and stuff. Considering the circumstances, it's not impossible to kill someone from these extreme ranges. The majority of people playing in a semi competitive and realistic server are not looking for these sort of kills. They are using a rifle or assault rifle for this. Assault troopers, if have an inkling of what they are doing, are trying to get within 50 meters or grenade range before engaging.

Upvote 0
The TT-33 feels like it has more power than any of the other Pistols (in-game); I frequently get 1-shot kills with it that don't hit the heart, where as the other Pistols are between 2 and 4 hits that fail to hit the heart/head etc.

It also has ridiculous recoiling animation, same with C96. Both these weapons should have the same low recoil as the P38. We don't need "CoD" balanced guns, we need realistic weapons. The pistol representation in RO1 was perfect.

I agree, the TT-33 feels more powerful than it should be... a single shot to the chest with one will instantly kill someone ingame, where'as I often have to make two such shots to the chest with the Mkb42 to achieve the same.

Also it seems some people are experiencing that it now sometime takes 2 shots to the chest to kill someone with a full powered rifle ingame, which is even more ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Any fps weapon other than a shotgun that uses a cone of fire is crap. Cones of fire ruin FPS gaming. Apparently pistols had this in RO2. If so, then the pistols in RO1 were total fail.

CONE OF FIRE = ALL THE BAD IN THE WORLD.

Plz remember that before posting more garbage on balance issues.

Upvote 0
But what if the TT33 gets a scope as the last upgrade and then it'll be easy to pick off Fritz at a range.

158039_TactiCool.jpg

You may think this is all under-barrel for that .50 cal but the stock item for this is just the Desert Eagle. See you hold the Desert Eagle's grip the full recoil from the shotgun hits your shoulder and the assault rifle and .50 cal go over your shoulder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Surprising how many people don't believe that a pistol round is still marginally accurate and lethal at 100m+. Interesting factoid: a 9mm ~125gn charge round will still be lethal (500fps+) at over 1000 yards. Reliably hitting targets at 100m+ with a pistol (and SMG) is the issue, which is a little too easy in RO2.

HAHAHAH WHAT THE FARK!

125gn CHARGED 9mm round?

holy sh1t!

i'd like to see you fire off such a round ;)

the regular ones my mate fires are charged at about 4-6gns.
my 7.62(.308) rounds get about 47gn

9mm round fired 191m away, if it even hits a person, i doubt it'd even penetrate

Upvote 0
HAHAHAH WHAT THE FARK!

125gn CHARGED 9mm round?

holy sh1t!

i'd like to see you fire off such a round ;)

the regular ones my mate fires are charged at about 4-6gns.
my 7.62(.308) rounds get about 47gn

9mm round fired 191m away, if it even hits a person, i doubt it'd even penetrate

He means the weight of the bullet - 125gr is a common bullet weight for 9mm.

Standard WW2 Ball was ~115gr with 6gr powder. Using a ballistics coefficient of 0.145 and a simple ballistics calculator, and a muzzle velocity of 1100 fps, the velocity at 1000 yards is ~480 fps. Total energy at that velocity is comparable to a .22LR.

Upvote 0