• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Help] How to survive long hard Bedlam?

My random pup teams got wiped out like 10 times on patty before I finally found one that made it. Just keep trying and make sure you play a perk that can solo the fp and scrake because you sure can't count on random people to kill them for you. (also do your self a favor and vote kick all low level firebugs that enter your game if they wont change perks)

Upvote 0
Actually, you're not good enough if you can't beat Bedlam on hard. Skillful zerker can win the game on suicidal or HoE even with all 5 teammates dead :cool: And I'm not trolling you.
On hard yes, on suicidal it would be hard, on HoE... sry mate but i dont see zerker doing 250+ wave alone on HoE at bdlam (westlondon, farm, manor, foundry, mountain pass yes but not bedlam, its too easy to get sourrounded)

Anyways good spot on bedlam is on the 1st floor at the square in one of the corners, u must choose ur favorite :p

Upvote 0
On hard yes, on suicidal it would be hard, on HoE... sry mate but i dont see zerker doing 250+ wave alone on HoE at bdlam (westlondon, farm, manor, foundry, mountain pass yes but not bedlam, its too easy to get sourrounded)

Well, Mordred did say "skillful." I'd also add in "slightly lucky." It's not easy, to be sure, but it's certainly doable.

Upvote 0
Bedlam is a tricky map, its dark and there is no difinitive safe zones where your team can just hole up and not worry about attack from behind... as KF should be to be fair :)

A favourite spot right off the bat is that blue corridor off to the left of where you spawn. A reasonably competant team should be able to handle it.

Another popular one is if you go into the courtyard from the blue corridor and go up the stairs, head straight ahead, round the corner and sit in the corner ahead of you the spawns are pretty easy to control.

The biggest difficulty with this map, jsut like Hospital Horrors is getting back to those spots during the trader waves. Its easy to do if you know where you are going, but if you aren't familiar enough with the map then you are going to struggle. So my advice is to simply run around the map a few times in solo, and jsut try and learn the layout. Once you do it becomes miles easier :)

Upvote 0
Well, Mordred did say "skillful." I'd also add in "slightly lucky." It's not easy, to be sure, but it's certainly doable.

Soloing 6 man HoE on 9-10th wave is pure luck, skill is important too but "skillful" player would do this every time if it would depend only from skill, soloing bedlam on full server on HoE is able only with huge amount of luck, and i mean only narrow maps, couse on wide ones its easy, buta takes long time.

Upvote 0
You're not good if you can't survive on hard.

TC does have a point. A lot of times your team makes the game much harder than it's supposed to be. I played a hard Bedlam game last night, everything was initially going great. Then we immediately get 3 fp's at the start of wave 10 (nothing unusual) and I was prepared for this by setting traps. I tell my team to wait for the fp's to run over the pipes before attacking but a lv 3 commando and lv 2 firebug immediately open fire, rage all three of them and 4/6 of us die. While hard is somewhat forgiving (especially compared to HoE and suicidal) there are many people playing for the achievements who really have no idea what they're doing. Soloing it as zerker or medic is the easy way out but there's no fun in that! :p

So yeah, your best bet is to either solo the map or hope at least 2/5 of your team is somewhat reliable (probably only need 1/5 for other, easier maps). It might take a few tries, but there are enough decent players around to get you through it eventually.

Upvote 0