• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My RO2 wishlist, what is yours?

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
This thread is there to showcase the wishlists of different people for RO2, just to get an idea what other people would like to see.

To start of here is my personal wishlist:

Bolt action rifles
I'd like to see a higher ratio of bolt action rifles, but not necessarily only by forcing it. I think it would be nice if the bolt action rifle could have one feature other weapons do not have, in the old versions of RO this used to be accuracy but all guns have high accuracy now.

I think it would be nice if bolt action rifles would have no free-aim when in ironsights. For SMG's i think free aim is pretty nice especially for the way recoil is managed, but for rifles as you fire individual shots one miss means your death which makes rifles even more difficult than in the past.

Machine Guns
There should be less upwards recoil when firing when deployed, and more recoil when firing from the hip. Due to the long barrel the MG's are already the easiest to hipshoot with, above that they have penetrative abilities and bigger magazines. OR my personal preference don't allow someone to jog with an MG at the hip, press the ironsight button to put the weapon at the hip in ostfront and only allow mgs to walk in that stance.

Realistic Class/Weaponloadout serveroption
So basically a server option that ensures that all the class distributions are realistic for the battle and time period, and the weapon loadouts for the classes are realistic for the time period.

Together with making such an option easy to find through a server filter while still allowing people to rank up, yet not use the attained ranks.

Ability to disable the default zoom in Ironsight
By default you zoom when going to ironsight, and while there is an ini option that changes the amount of zoom, it would be nice to see it back in the main menu. Even if just as a toggle, where you enable or disable automatic zoom when going into iron sight. Requiring you to zoom manually using the breathing button when you actually want zoom.

Control options
Currently Ironsights, Crouch and Prone, are toggle only functions. It would be nice to see options in the input menu to bind them in a non toggle fashion.

Performance
As always aiming to increase the performance.

Adding/Fixing competitive features
- Disabling spawning on squadleader doesn't work
- Forcing a certain mapsize & reinforcements doesn't work
- When using multiadmin you cannot use those accounts to login as admin ingame.
- Punkbuster screenshots do not work
- Demorecordings can not be played back (it is important to be able to see where someone is aiming as well, and the ability to enable a wallhack).
- Even with 70 and 75 fov you can easily look through walls and meshes and use that to spot enemies.
- Ability to disable the automated character voices.
- Ability to set a different server and spectator password.

Weapon unlocks
- Make weapon unlocks selectable
- Rather than making weapon unlocks only advantageous give them a disadvantage as well. Currently beside getting better at the game the longer you play your weapon gets stronger as well. It would be nicer if you played longer you could find a weapon that fits to your style, rather than weaponry that is clearly better in every possible way.

example:
MG34 with the drum you can hipshoot, but with the belt you can only fire when deployed. So the additional bullets of the belt fed mg34 comes with a price.
Or make the regular MP40 have more stability when firing, while the MP40-II got more recoil/sway at the cost for its additional bullets.
With rifles attaching a bayonet will make a weapon more front heavy and will make it sway slightly more, which is the cost for the improved cqc ability.

Last edited:
My very short wishlist:
- bring back Newton's laws: soldiers cannot sprint from stopped to max speed in no time, stop instantly, and make incredible zig-zagging
- introduce some difficulty (sway) when aiming after running
- breing new, larger maps featuring more classical medium-range combat (now most maps, excluding just few portions of some of them, feature close quarters combat).

There are also other wishes of course, but if TWI makes these real, I am happy enough :)

Maraz

Reactions: Zentharim
Upvote 0
Agreed with everything up to this.

- Rather than gaining skill when leveling up, obtain performance perks. Like say a perk that increases the firing rate, but increases sway as well. So that once you are a high level, you basically own a lot of perks and can trade in some stats for others, rather than your weapon simply getting better in every possible way.

No "perks" that will change physics of weapons or do unrealistic things.

(Seriously I was like :confused::):):):D:D:(:mad: when reading the post.)

Upvote 0
My very short wishlist:
- bring back Newton's laws: soldiers cannot sprint from stopped to max speed in no time, stop instantly, and make incredible zig-zagging
- introduce some difficulty (sway) when aiming after running.

There are also other wishes of course, but if TWI makes these real, I am happy enough :)

Maraz

I would like to see that too :)

Upvote 0
Wish List

Wish List

1. Tweak the SL F command system to ensure squad and fire team members know when they have been given an order and can see where they were designated to go. YOur designated squad and fire team location should show up on the tactical view. The SL should be able to see his squad's position designated by the commander as well as the positions the commander designated for the other squads.

2. Ability to recognize who is in your squad and/or Fire Team.

3. More Tanks and infantry fighting vehicles.

4. More maps, and maps covering entire war - not just Stalingrad.

5. Better primarily tank maps.

4. Campaign Feature.

5. Some Anti-personnel mines, and Anti Tank Mines that the defensive Commander can designate emplaced before the game begins. And allow the enginner class the ability to slowly low crawl and clear.

6. Keep weapons and uniforms and unit loads authentic.

7. Put all the old voice commands from RO1 on the voice wheel.

8. Must select class by using the joining a squad menu, eliminate the menu that jumps just to weapons. Or give servers the option to turn that off.

9. Allow an initial few seconds before players go to the four winds, to allow the Platoon commander to issue the initial attack or defense plan.

10. an RTO for the Platoon Commander to help with his security, but also makes him a bigger target and more realistic. Was done in DH.

11. Darkest Hour Mod with RO2 Engine.

12. Get rid of leveling for weapons features. Instead there should be a rank structure established that allows best players first choice of leadership positions and earn the veteran appearance. RO does not need the bells and whistles.

13. Increase rewards for unit play and penalties for lone working, unless you are a sniper class.

14. Increase rewards for suppression.

15. Allow SL to direct a team to suppress a building even if he does not see an enemy in it. Right now, he can only do that if he sees someone and gets the red circle.

16. I like all the aspects of the Realism Mod being worked.

17. Let the CDR designate the location of the heavy MGs prior to the game beginning rather than just place them in windows or exposed positions throughout the map.

18. Barbed Wire Entaglements that enginner class can be used to breach.

19. Ability to kick players not working as a team or just *** holes.

20. Improve wounding system so that if you are hit and get bandage, you have some capability, but not full up. i.e. hit in leg, you can still fire but you have to crawl or limp slowly.

22. Wounded tankers bailing out, even some with flames and missing parts.

23. Spawn should be by squad. You get killed and you end up filling a new squad formation roster and spawn when an entire squad is formed. This is more realistic and reinforces the fact that you fight as a squad. Commander can force spawn when a SL and one fire team is formed, followed by the other fire teams. But he can only do this a few times.

24. Need to cool it on time to take an objective. In real life, attacks are planned. Need to give more time to take an objective and the Platoon Commander needs to be able to have enough room on the map to designate attack positions. By doing this he can move the squads into their attack positions and then they can jump off.

23. Free Beer whenever you play the game :)

My Two Cents

Last edited:
Reactions: Tummel
Upvote 0
I have a wishlist too.

-make the player fall to the ground if they get shot in the leg.
-longer bandaging time
-first person bandaging animation.
-bigger maps
-maps that favors rifle play, like spartanovka.
-add Icon above the player who is talking over voice.
-add 3D voice chat.
-make squad members able to spawn on the SL regardless of enemies looking at him.
-show squad members list when you press T.

Upvote 0
- toggle walk = needed for inside buildings when you have low player counts so you can stealth each other.

- gradual build up to sprint speed = just makes it feel more realistic.

- Zoom in cover = being able to lock into cover and then press forward to peek over wall, but also then able to use zoom in that postion.

- Auto select team button = be nice to not have to decided if i should go axis or allies myself...i like the suprise of just choosing autoselect.

- tippy toes - In either standing or crouch having the ability to lift you self up just a couple of extra inches on the balls of your feet to peek over sand bags and small walls etc.. I think this would really help on maps like Fallen fighters.

- Range Finder optics = captains and tank commander should have a range finder rather than guessing ranges. Tank commanders especially. Snipers should as well.
Players can give ranges through VOIP and get more players to set the range on there guns...especially on maps like Fallen fighters.
EM34 Range finder:

I have more but these are the ones i would like to see most, things like more content are just obvious.

Upvote 0
My wish list.

Audio working 100% without hammering the CPU

Finalized optimization to see the game run smooth 40fps on midrange dual cores with Radeon 4850's... running 1650x1050 or 1920x1080 medium and high graphics...

This will make the average PC run the game like gold, and more people to populate all servers.

Then

Quite a few of the above listed requests

Then reading mostly compliments about how amazing this game is on forums.

Upvote 0
  • Better sounds, with louder bullet cracks and impacts.
  • Cover on its own key.
  • More ammo for AT soldiers. Tripwire probably gave us 15 because AT soldiers used to work in teams of two, with the supporting soldier carrying 30 cartridges, but we really need more. Right now I kill a tank or two, run all the way back to an ammo dump, and meanwhile the tanks just instantly respawn and do their business while I'm away.
    • Alternatively, allow normal soldiers to resupply us.
  • More nuanced weapon handling, including:
    • Weapon sway affected by stamina.
    • Weapon sway affected by bandaged injuries.
    • Slightly slower bring-to-shoulder speed (although still allowing us to fire at any point during the animation).
    • Period of inaccuracy lasting roughly 1.5 seconds while you are aligning your sights.
    • Greater sight misalignment when turning.
    • Larger floating box (at least enlarged on the Y axis) so that we can move the sights down and out of the center of the screen without shifting our entire view, while still keeping the weapon at the ready. Very handy for searching a building.
    • Allow blind fire of *DEPLOYED* LMGs, and deployment/undeployment without exposing yourself.
  • Better squad system:
    • Spawn into cover when spawning on SL or MG.
    • Squad member location indicators so that people can stick together easier.
  • Better suppression:
    • Louder sonic cracks and impact sounds will help a lot.
    • Stronger vision distortion effect, more like the tunnel vision people report.
    • Here are some reports of what policemen saw when they got into a gunfight:
      • I was bringing my gun up. Dan was still fighting with him, and the only thought that came through my mind was

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Better sounds, with louder bullet cracks and impacts.
  • Cover on its own key.
  • More ammo for AT soldiers. Tripwire probably gave us 15 because AT soldiers used to work in teams of two, with the supporting soldier carrying 30 cartridges, but we really need more. Right now I kill a tank or two, run all the way back to an ammo dump, and meanwhile the tanks just instantly respawn and do their business while I'm away.
    • Alternatively, allow normal soldiers to resupply us.
  • More nuanced weapon handling, including:
    • Weapon sway affected by stamina.
    • Weapon sway affected by bandaged injuries.
    • Slightly slower bring-to-shoulder speed (although still allowing us to fire at any point during the animation).
    • Period of inaccuracy lasting roughly 1.5 seconds while you are aligning your sights.
    • Greater sight misalignment when turning.
    • Larger floating box (at least enlarged on the Y axis) so that we can move the sights down and out of the center of the screen without shifting our entire view, while still keeping the weapon at the ready. Very handy for searching a building.
    • Allow blind fire of *DEPLOYED* LMGs, and deployment/undeployment without exposing yourself.
  • Better squad system:
    • Spawn into cover when spawning on SL or MG.
    • Squad member location indicators so that people can stick together easier.
  • Better suppression:
    • Louder sonic cracks and impact sounds will help a lot.
    • Stronger vision distortion effect, more like the tunnel vision people report.
    • Here are some reports of what policemen saw when they got into a gunfight:
  • More consistent penetration:
    • Rifle-calibre bullets should be able to pass through walls (multiple walls?) just like LMG/HMG bullets.
    • SMG/pistol bullets should create spall that inflicts injuries on the other side.
  • Navigation/location tools:
    • The HUD should always tell you what map gridref you're in (it's currently disabled in Realism; in Relaxed it tells you just below the minimap).
    • The HUD should tell you what gridref you're spotting at (handy for calling out tank positions without trying to estimate gridrefs under fire).
    • Add ammo dump locations to the Tactical view.

+1 to this. If a 7.62x54 can go through engine blocks, split granite rocks in 2, and go through medium trees it can handle a few flimsy brick walls and some drywall. And I like the idea of non aimed fire with mgs, kinda like how insurgency did it so you can survey the battlefield and then aim on demand. A few minor fixes and the game will be perfect. And please let me get outta my smoldering t34 and beat up germans with my tt33 :)

Upvote 0
I can basically echo most of what's been said here.

My personal list, in order of most wanted (basically irritating/critical bugs) to "least"(improve gameplay):

• A working spawn screen which doesn't disappear before I'm able to select a spawn. Like seriously, this pis$es me off. You shouldn't miss a respawn wave just because you can't choose your spawn point/don't get one selected automatially.

• Fix class selection. Yes, dying when you try to change class while being alive means it's broken.

• Freedom of button-binding/control that's to be expected of a pure PC game. This means being able to choose whether to toggle or hold crouch, IS etc. Also being able to have use/cover/resupply on different keys.

• Make the character chatter (it's not combat chatter) voluntary. It might be considered "revolutionary" to force your character to give his position away in the most brain-dead fashion imaginable, but only in a bad way. And stop with saying "but it only goes off with friendlies nearby"; you know better than that. You know it's still a problem.

• Encourage squad/team oriented play(points apparently aren't enough). Make the squad system more apparent and make people aware they're joining a squad on the default class/load-out screen. Make everyone in a squad spawn at the same place/SL per default etc.

• Fix the command/voice menus. That means making it possible to use short-cuts to shout a command/statement. Atm you have to stop doing what you're doing to use those menus, which hampers teamplay for those without a mic.

• Reduce the fog of war on many maps. Sniper rifles are supposed to work for large distances, atm you're often limited by completely ridiculous fog/haze.

• Fix bandaging, if ony for realism mode. Make it take more time to bandage or give other penalties. Or remove it completely and make you die quicker.

• Let me choose whether I want to make use of upgrades.

• More bullet whizzing! :cool: Helps me feel suppressed instinctively way more than a weird screen effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tummel and Golf33
Upvote 0
Agreed with everything up to this.
No "perks" that will change physics of weapons or do unrealistic things.

(Seriously I was like :confused::):):):D:D:(:mad: when reading the post.)

The current skill updates are not there to represent the gun changing (beside getting a newer weapon that is more shiny and less rusty). But mostly the shooter becoming more able to handle his weapon.

At the moment you just get stat boosts if you level more, and for gameplay reasons I dont like that. New players are already weaker than older players, and then on top of that new players will get low level inferior weaponry as well. I'd rather see that top players in a sense can customize their skill with the weapon to fit their personal playing style.

The leveling and update system is here to stay, so I just hope it will be changed in such a way that every gain got a disadvantage, and that the user can select things such that they pick what works for them to obtain variety among the player base. I don't want to see the mp40 completely disappear and get replaced by the mp40-II in half a year.

As it stands now once every player has reached level 25 with the mp40, that weapon will simply seize to exist and becomes replaced with the mp40-II. I'd much rather see the the mp40 remaining an option where the old mp40 shoots more stable, while the mp40-II got more ammo.

And with rifleman I'd rather see some people change their rifleman class more to be more sniper like or for instance more focused medium combat.

And with say the mg34 make it that with the drums you can still hipshoot, but with the belt can only fire when deployed. The latter gives a big disadvantage in mobility of your mg34 but in return you can obtain longer sustained fire.

Unlike how you now get +20% bolting speed, rather make it the option to get +20% bolting speed at the cost of additional sway.

So don't get me wrong, Im not a fan of ranking up and all that jazz, but since its never going to leave I think that there are better ways to do the upgrading than is currently the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
Humm. Just going to touch on a few things, none to do with performance.

-Weapons:
  • Slightly increased ADS time, followed by a period of moderate sway, if unsuppressed. It's been a long time since I was at a range, but I'd say that the almost instant stability when you ADS needs to go, replaced by a few moments of sway, then stable for a bit, then sway, etc. Shift (controlled breathing) should simply make sway perhaps a bit, just a bit!, more pronounced after its effect wears off.
  • No need to change sway under suppression, because I want suppression changed, I'll get to that in a bit :)
-Classes/loadouts:

• SLs get SMGs or bolts, no semis. SMGs will still have the potential to be "abundant" yes, but it does make the SL choose between either a frontline approach or a more distanced approach, each with their ups and downs.
  • One more magazine for the AT troops! Please?
-Other stuff:

• Suppression. This is really just completely speculative, it might actually suck and is by no means a complete idea :p Instead of having a gradual effect, make it instant and completely dependent on the worst thing being fired at you. Small arms -> slight desaturation or blurring. MG fire/grenades -> desaturation and blurring around the edges of screen, leaving you with maybe 70-80%ish clear view? Arty/explosives -> full on desaturation and heavy blurring of the entire screen (still able to see where you're going, but no chance of aiming properly). Recovery time the same for all forms of suppression.
  • Movement/physics. I actually only want decreased movement speed in stairs. I'm fine with everything else. Collisions with teammates would be nice, but it's not something I crave. Oh and slightly more forgiving fall heights, let them add injury instead(maybe they already do, haven't tried).
  • Injuries. Instead of having them bleed you out, make them noticeably reduce stamina reserve and/or increase sway, depending on where you're hit. Then have bandaging take something like 20 or so seconds, and reduce the impacts potential injuries have on sway/stamina rather than "BANDAGE OR DIE!" thing going on atm. Not to full capacity, but better than unbandaged.
  • Sound. Yeah people've already said a bunch about it you don't need to hear me say more.
  • Last but not least - let us hit Esc to cancel chat :eek:

Upvote 0