• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Move the SUN on Pavlov's to make it perfect (MS Paint illustrations provided)

Graphic

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
This is a good map ever since the devs changed a few things with spawns and cover.

One thing remains though: the strange positioning of the sun.

Basically Russians looking out of any of the buildings towards the direction of the Germans are lit up like a Christmas tree. Germans looking out of any of the buildings towards the direction of the Russians have some nice shade which, combined with the gray uniforms, serves to make them nearly invisible (at least at my 1600x900 resolution).

What I suggest is moving the sun from here:

2d2f91d.jpg

To here

1q1v1k.jpg

This would definitely be more fair. The Germans still have the smoke from that wreck to protect what is essentially their spawn building from being raped with ease.

So it would make that pointless long range war between the two spawn buildings "even"? I just hate how most people play Pavlov's, where whole German team suddenly becomes snipers who spawn buildings. After 15 minutes of exceptionally ineffective warfare and nonexistent attacking from either team, someone wins. Wiii.

Better way to alter the map would be making it attack/defend, where Soviets cannot recapture Zeb's if Germans take it. That way there would always be better concentrated area of action in the map and there might be actually some effort made by Germans to attack Pavlov's, which would be historically the point of this map.

Very rarely you see nice building to building shooting or assaulting between Zebs-Pavlovs or any real defense of Pavlov's. Most Soviets just rather recap Zeb's, which is easy because whole German team sits in their spawn windows anyway. Stalemate.

Upvote 0
Even if that happens, the sun is still a problem for the Russians. They'd be defending Pavlov's in the sunshine while the Germans attack under cover of darkness (so to speak).

THEN WE SHALL FIGHT IN THE SHADE

On topic: Interesting idea to balance things, never heard of seen any sort of balancing based on suns position in the sky.

Heh... imagine if the game had windy/partially cloudy weather support with dynamic lighting system...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By all means germans camp in your buldings, because when I play in the t34 I load up the HE and plug that building with the destroyed center with as many rounds as I can. ( sooooo many kills doing that ).

@ OP yeah I had not really thought about the sun position on this one. Your suggestion makes sence, although it might be just as good of an idea to change the time of day altogether and make it early light ( no direct sun ) or overcast to completely remove the problem.

Upvote 0