• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] Dual GPU Utilization only 50%

plex

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
AMD Crossfire works now with the new CAP update. (That's Awesome!) AMD has done their job -- Now TWI has to do theirs and optimize the GPU Utilization so the game uses more than 50% of my GPU potential.

Recap: My 4870's Work in Crossfire now.. But only getting 50% CPU utilization

Whats the latest on this Devs?

:confused:

:mad:

It seems the more GPU's you have, the less the game uses them hehe.

I get 25%-30% usage on my 3 480's.

I could accept that if I was actually CPU bottlenecked, but I think an i7 980x has some horsepower yet.

I hear the latest beta build is performing better, maybe they've started to fix it.

Upvote 0
I've played quite a few UE3 games that use SLI fine. This game tries to use it, but the GPU's aren't even getting fed enough info to render with single GPU enabled, so that bottleneck just prevents any scaling from more cards.

Bump.

@Tripwire Interactive, GPU utilization is the largest chunk of the issues regarding the current state of the game.. this should be priority one. Majority of the bad performance problems us gamers are experiencing - are due to the fact that our GPU's are not being used to full potential. The GPU(s) should be running at 90+% utilization if optimized properly. (Both single and Dual Card Setups(SLI/CFX) are affected by this)

@TWI, The second Priority is sound.. everyone i know is having sound problems. I hope the incoming patch addresses that.

Upvote 0
Patch did not fix sli for me still 35-50% usage all the time
singlecard is working well 99% usage but it often drops to 70% when running
Edit
Never mind gpu usage still allover the place on a single card

I use ATI/AMD and Crossfire works for me now(with the new CAP), but its still only @50% max utilization

i would at least like to know if the game is going to get fixed.

90% of the poeple on my friends list have this problem.. its obviously a primary issue.... TWI?

by the way, this is the only game i have ever had this problem with..

Upvote 0