• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What should next set of tanks be?

Maybe Tigers?
Read this:
The second unit promised to Rommel, the 503rd, was to receive Porsche-Tigers, but the cancellation of production resulted in the 503rd being outfitted with 20 Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf.E and 25 Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.N in November and December 1942, and first saw action in southern Russia, during the Don campaign and the withdrawal from Stalingrad.
I read the same in a book about Stalingrad.
The Tigers were used in a failed action to save the 6th army.

Upvote 0
No tigers were used in Mansteins weak Push to relieve the 6th Army. MKIV's and III's mostly. Tigers saw action around Leningrad in late 42 which is horrible tank country. A lot of tigers did see action in 42 in Tunisia which historically is preety cool considering they were airlifted there by the huge junkers but failed miserably considering logistics of supporting them.

Upvote 0
I would personally want KV-1 just to break up the mirror of the tanks we have coming, personnal preference. This is because the KV-1 would effectively be invulnerable at long range to enemies while it itself has to close in for its gun to penetrate. The answer to this would be the StuG III, although it itself would be vulnerable to lightning T-70 attacks, backed up with T-34's, and so you have a (utterly messed up) rock-paper-scissors thing going on.

Another fun scenario is trying to fight in the streets, Germans attacking somewhere quite narrow with a StuG in support, although its turretlessness would leave it vulnerable. It could still be essential, for example if at the end of the alley is a big Russian fortification.

Upvote 0
*rollseyes* Tiger? ("A Tiger in Africa?" -MP)

With all the abundance of tanks that made an impact in WW2, why do fanbois ALWAYS bring up the Tiger, even in unlikely places (such as S'grad)?

Sure, it's an ok bit of kit (but eventually still a wrong direction in tang design). But PzIII and PzIV did all of the hard work. And on the other sides the T34, Sherman and all the Mathildas, Cromwells, Stuarts, KVs, etc that eventually ground ze Reich into a pulp.

So yea. KV1, StuG III, PzIII and T-70 would be great. BA-10 and some Sd.Kfz. for ze Germans would also be nice.

Reactions: Sensemann
Upvote 0
airlifted there by the huge junkers
I think you mean Messerschmitt:

Me-323 Gigant - YouTube

With all the abundance of tanks that made an impact in WW2, why do fanbois ALWAYS bring up the Tiger, even in unlikely places (such as S'grad)?
Because the 503rd saw action up there in January 1943 and because of this:

41165431.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Theyhave already said it'd be T-70 and PzIII. I hope after that we get StuGIII and KV-1.

I've seen many say this, but I've yet to see any actual proof posted. Have I missed some dev post or something?

Personally I think a T-70 and a Pz3 would be a terrible idea. What chance does a T70 have against a long barrel Pz4? Pretty much none. What chance does a Pz3 have against a T34? Pretty much none. Boy... those new tanks are really going to mix up the tank maps!?

I think a stug3 and kv1, as you mentioned, would make far more sense. Those two vehicles can fight with and against the current tanks, while adding some diversity.

Upvote 0
The 503. schwere Panzerabteilung saw action in the kalmyck steppe which is quite some miles away from stalingrad.
Might be relevant:

85229918.jpg

I've seen many say this, but I've yet to see any actual proof posted. Have I missed some dev post or something?
I think it was this although there is some question of L/42 or the much more common L/60:

75443852.jpg

LordKhaine said:
What chance does a Pz3 have against a T34? Pretty much none.
Actually, a lot more chance than the T70 vs a frontal Panzer IV. Look here:

The 50mm KwK 39 L/60 could penetrate the 52 mm turret front/mantlet of the T-34/76 Model 194? at under 500 meters, it could destroy the glacis hatch, and it could penetrate the 45 mm glacis itself at under 100 meters. Look here:

test4as.jpg

49549196.jpg

l60f.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0