• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Suggestion]To much STG and AVT

luke86

May 15, 2009
I thought that only heroes could get the prototype weapons (and promoted people who got the DDE) but now the Commander, the SL and also the Assault class can use the prototype weapons.

I think it would be better to add the weapons only to the Assault or the Elite Rifleman classes or to implement the weapons only for heroes and promoted people.

With promoted i mean people who get a promotion ingame for playing a very good round.

Here are my suggestions:

- Remove the option for the Squad Leader to have MKB or AVT.

- Create seperate "Elite Assault" class which is 1/2 per team which can use the MKB/AVT, the problem is those without day 1 unlocks this will effectively be standard Assault until they unlock them normally.

- Elite Assault Class should 'eat into' the current slots for the Assault class (so say you have 6 Assault slots, now you have 4 Assault and 2 Elite Assault). So you don't have even less bolt action riflemen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes please TWI, for the love of christ make these moronic unlocks hero specific only!
They can't, they have been advertised as day 1 unlocks. So that means you unlock them on day 1 regardless of rank. People have paid extra for them. The only way to limit them IMO is to create a separate Elite Assault class that can only use them.

Upvote 0
Here are my suggestions:

- Remove the option for the Squad Leader to have MKB or AVT.

- Create seperate "Elite Assault" class which is 1/2 per team which can use the MKB/AVT, the problem is those without day 1 unlocks this will be standard Assault until they unlock them normally.

- Elite Assault Class should 'eat into' the current slots for the Assault class (so say you have 6 Assault slots, now you have 4 Assault and 2 Elite Assault). So you don't have even less bolt action riflemen.

This... great idea.

I ran into a room and 4 guys with mkb42 blasted me away. I know that some people will go back to the old assualt weapons, but even then they should be less common like the semi auto rifles.

As it is know it kinda like letting all riflemen use select semi autos once they level up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I guess the discussion should resume here, since this thread was closed apparently:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64207&page=2

So yes, its insanely silly to have AVT40s and MKB42s distributed to everyone and his mother, with no attempt to even somewhat portray their obvious historical rarity in-game.

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
This... great idea.

I ran into a room and 4 guys with mkb42 blasted me away. I know that some people will go back to the old assualt weapons, but even then they should be less comment like the semi auto rifles.
I don't think the problem is the weapons themselves, it's ok to have 1-2 of them on a map, especially since most servers are between 32-64 players.

They just need to somewhat sort out the class numbers and limit the prototypes via class. Right now there's a tad too many semi-auto rifles and automatic weapons on the field in proportion to riflemen. People have been saying this for some time now.

I'm sure it'll be addressed once the stability and performance issues are taken care of... either that or servers might have the ability to limit the weapons themselves, whether they keep ranking status after that I don't know.

Upvote 0
Being one of the individuals who pre-ordered the DDE, I have to agree that the MKb and AVT need to be hero weapons. They are supposed to be rare, and while veteran status isn't "easy" to get with all the necessary classes, the weapons are still in a position to be spammed because eventually everyone is going to hit veteran.

Limiting the MKb and AVT (maybe even the SVT and G41 snipers) to Hero status adds a certain coolness factor to them that no other weapon in the game would have.

I thought it was supposed to work like this: Hit hero rank with class X > receive field promotion at random or for topping the scoreboard > class X's hero weapon becomes available. I think it would work better that way.

Veteran - enemy loadout
Hero - MKb/AVT/Semi snipers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Being one of the individuals who pre-ordered the DDE, I have to agree that the MKb and AVT need to be hero weapons. They are supposed to be rare, and while veteran status isn't "easy" to get with all the necessary classes, the weapons are still in a position to be spammed because eventually everyone is going to hit veteran.

Limiting the MKb and AVT (maybe even the SVT and G41 snipers) to Hero status adds a certain coolness factor to them that no other weapon in the game would have.

I thought it was supposed to work like this: Hit hero rank with class X > receive field promotion at random or for topping the scoreboard > class X's hero weapon becomes available.

Veteran - enemy loadoutHero - MKb/AVT/Semi snipers
Agreed, atm everyone and their dog has mkb and all I hear on a map is "ratatatatatatatatatatatatat...", non-stop. This is seriously wrong.

Upvote 0
Something really needs to be done, this totally ruined the gameplay experience from my part. As a server owner with a 50 player server thats full most of the day, the gameplay just was ruined.

Out of a 50 player server, 22 players have the guns (12 assault, 8 squad leaders, 2 commanders). I thought i would never say this but this is extremly poor by TWI and iam seriously dissapointed.

The weapons are good and i have no problems with them, but they need to in way less numbers on the map, i suggest 4 (2 per team) is more then enough. This game franchise used to be about realism, which i why i loved it. I said to myself i can stand the few arcade-ish elements i found in the beta just to support TWI but this is just taking it too far, iam sorry TWI but this is terrible..

FIX THIS PLEASE!

Upvote 0
Agreed, atm everyone and their dog has mkb and all I hear on a map is "ratatatatatatatatatatatatat...", non-stop. This is seriously wrong.

EXACTLY..what my clanmate said right there...:(

heaven forbid people should use the guns they want to use!!!!

you dont seem to understand the deeper implications of this..it ruins alot of class purpose...

Last edited:
Upvote 0