• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea about SS.

Apparently you and at least 2 other people think the sharpshooter should be a trash killer.
Well considering they have the pistols and the M14, yes. I mean the M14 is a rapid-fire, highly accurate carbine weapon.

Then again I do agree that I really want the M14 to be a more viable long range weapon, with BETTER damage than the LAR, considering the LAR most likely uses a 30-caliber round while the M14 uses the improved .308 Winchester 7.62x51mm NATO round.
So add slightly more damage to it than the LAR has and a smaller scope. Maybe 4X zoom and aimpoint reticle.

Cheers

Haineko

Last edited:
Reactions: FloorKilling
Upvote 0
Hmmmm... I'm not so sure where I stand about the recoil nerf tbh.

The simple change on having the Sharpshooters damage bonus only applying to headshots might be enough since it really forces disciplined play. Crawlers and Stalkers are now a pretty annoying problem for the SS (which I love ;)), and Gorefasts are easy if you catch the head, which I have no problem doing even with the recoil nerf.

I'm not really sure if the nerf is still needed, but then again, I don't find it causes a problem now that its here anyway.

Then again I used to play Handcannon Medic alot, and of course recoil is a total git in games like CSS... so recoil never bothers me anyway :)

Conclusion: Inconclusive :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really. Care to explain how or were you just going to make a snide remark instead of constructing an intelligent thought?

Does saying intelligent in a sentence make you feel smart? (Most people with nothing to say and a lot to prove do.)
Anyway since you can't read between the lines like every one else I will explain it to you. Any perk can kill 30-40 clots and gorefasts in a confined area with 9's only. (You have to do it anyway before you level up on first round) Then add the fact that SS does like 2x normal head shot damage with pistols, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.

The only thing I like is the reduced damage on the crossbow every thing else should be changed back.

Upvote 0
Does saying intelligent in a sentence make you feel smart? (Most people with nothing to say and a lot to prove do.)

Lol what the hell? Why would using the word 'intelligent' make anyone feel smart? Yes, I try very hard to prove myself to the internet. :rolleyes:

Anyway since you can't read between the lines like every one else I will explain it to you. Any perk can kill 30-40 clots and gorefasts in a confined area with 9's only. (You have to do it anyway before you level up on first round) Then add the fact that SS does like 2x normal head shot damage with pistols, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.

Because Sharpshooter...isn't supposed to clear rooms? Why do you think the pistols were nerfed for SS in the first place? They are not supposed to be proficient in clearing trash. Just because they have a headshot damage bonus doesn't mean they should be going around trying to clear rooms of Clots. It means that they are rewarded for getting headshots and picking their shots carefully, which is the point of a "Sharpshooter" class. Jesus man, it's not that hard to figure out.

Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Then add the fact that SS does like 2x normal head shot damage with pistols, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.
Then add the fact that Beserker does like 2x normal damage with melee, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.
Then add the fact that Commando does like 50% more damage with rapid fire guns, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.
Then add the fact that Demolitions does like 60% more damage with explosives, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.
Then add the fact that Medic does like 2x damage resistance with armour, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.
Then add the fact that Support does like 60% more damage with shotguns, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.
Then add the fact that Firebug does like 60% more damage with fire, so explain to why it should not clear a room full of clots and gorefasts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rainydaykid
Upvote 0
I think it's probably best to ignore this FloorKilling guy, he's obviously a troll (look at his location description, and his rep).

So what look at my location shows I got a sense of humor not an uptight nerd like you.
Look at my rep it probably got that way because of you. Oh and bringing up my rep trying to blackball me like that is some cowardly ****. That's why I don't like the rep system it let's people be anonymous trolls.

Benjamin you're the biggest troll on this fourm all I ever see you do is **** on other peoples ideas and insult the newbies thread then you get positive votes for doing it from other angry little trolls. You don't even post threads.

But I'm done wasting my life on this fourm. All you little asshole with arrogant nerd syndrome can have it.

Upvote 0
But I'm done wasting my life on this fourm. All you little asshole with arrogant nerd syndrome can have it.

Calm down bro. If anyone's being arrogant it's you, seeing as you insulted both Benjamin and me for no particular reason. It is possible to have a discussion without getting pissy and hostile, you know.

Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
OH!! Ladies, please come down!
No need to insult each others and pull each others hair.

Let's hold tight, apparently, KF suggestion forums are the most easily flamable!
flammind.jpg

Upvote 0
This is true but you greatly put yourself in risk of being damaged or grouped on just so you can Retirvie your ammo? I don't think the lemons are worth the Sweeze man.
That is a unique saying.
Make it so that the last Zed a bolt kills leaves the body and bolt sticking out to be retrieved, instead of stuck in a wall 200 meters away.
I don't like this idea, or being able to retrieve your bolts in general. I've always sort of seen Sharpshooter as a Demo type.
Slow but powerful and expensive (And yeah, the M32 is fast - Like the M14) - Except Demo is weaker and SS has no AoE.
The prices for bullets are pretty high, yeah - But I enjoy this, because then you choose your targets carefully; Attacking the high priority targets, like Scrakes. If ammo was cheap, you may as well let loose like a Commando.
M14 is designed for quick sniping,and a scope is needed for quick sniping.
Let's fix the laser and iron sight first :p

and then some backup stuff to help the zeds left by the rest of the team.
Sometimes I feel that people look at each class as an individual, rather than the team player :(

Actually, the Handcannon is chambered for .44 magnum, since that's the one round the Desert Eagle is chambered for that has an 8 round magazine.
*Brain explodes*
Sharpshooter are not with high rate of fire,nor can they do AoE damage. Cleaning a room filled with zeds-support can,commando can,demo can. SS? There must be something wrong with the balancing if he can make it!
Well it is a game based on skill as well. A Commando with 100 bullets in an Scar might not be able to clear a room of Gorefasts because the player just plain sucks bad.
All you really need is a Knife to clear the whole room of gorefasts, if you know how to use it.

I get what you mean though, thinking in a stand alone point for the perk's role in the team.
OH!! Ladies, please come down!
Hay nao.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Good to see someone can laugh it off.

Upvote 0
Thank you for th correction CandleJack. Damn voice overs put me off then, the character says something like "50 caliber fun time lads" or something like that. Damn him... DAMN HIM!!!!! No, I'm over it. Fair enough.

Considering that .50AE is the most popular round for the Desert Eagle and the one most associated with it, most people wouldn't even know that the original Desert Eagle was chambered for .357 Magnum, then .44 Magnum, with .50AE being the last bullet the Desert Eagle was chambered for.

I guess some/most people don't like guns as much as me :eek:

Upvote 0