• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Fuhrerbunker

kuopassa

Aug 27, 2009
I made many months ago a map called Fuhrermap. It is a small infantry style level, which is located in a fictional underground bunker. As I didn't get people to test it, I decided to open a game server for it. Download map from RO.pl's map rep.

I don't know if it is optimized well (or at all), but hopefully that won't be a big millstone around the neck as the map is fairly small. What do you think?

Last edited:
OK, first of all the server has no redirect, so downloading ~3MB from server is a real pain in the ***, but when you hold through it:

- map looks OK, I think it will bring us a lot of fun
- I don't think that sniper class here is really needed ;)
- If you want any change suggestion there is one: enlarge some corridors, I know it looks cool this way it is, but in some "teamplay" one jerk can block the passage forcing others to TK him for movement...it is sad but true.

If you want some changes, please use the "versions" or "beta" system naming
so if it is OK with you I will rename the map to RO-Fuhrerbunker_beta1 or leave it unchanged if you decide it is a final version and then I'm putting it to our map repository.
Answer me here or PM me your decision, but if you agree and want to develop this project host somewhere or mail me the next beta for adding :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for feedback! I really appreciate it. That server download thingy is something that I've not yet understood how it is supposed to work. I've downloaded some compression tool, but not working with Windows Vista, so... At least there's some option in game server's RedOrchestra.ini file, which allows to increase download speed. Maybe that will help. Maybe not. :rolleyes:

That sniper class you mentioned about is planned to be used later. You see, at the moment map has in both team's spawns some doorways to upper level. I planned to create a new level for players to play in, which is going to be in open ground in daylight or something like that. Sniper might be useful there. At the moment sniper is like accidentally a part of the battle underground, but later he might be able to do his job in more suitable environment.

Doorways and corridors are very small, you're right on that. I was hoping that game flow might be fixed when/if that open ground area is built.

That "beta" naming system sounds fine! This is just some beta 1 version or something, but not final as some parts of the map are still missing.

Upvote 0
Hey Bart have you ever come across this map? 'Arad_Real_Forrest5_9_FVD_B1'

[url]http://forums.raidersmerciless.com/showthread.php?t=11583[/URL]
A little OT but I think no ban for it here ;)

No I haven't seen it anywhere, only "basic" ARF5 (in our repository), but this version uses unique camo and probably (strong feeling) custom system files so I'm sure that it will un-whitelist running server. Beside we are not "ripping" maps from any server (without permission) so if ever I would add it to our maps I need one first.

Upvote 0
Their is NO option in the server files to speed up the download speed from the game server,it is capped at 12k.
Are you sure about that? I have in game server's configuration file RedOrchestra.ini this line:

MaxInternetClientRate=

That line is according to this a thing that means: "Maximum rate the server will transmit data to clients (applies to downloads as well)". So if that setting's value is increased, it should in my opinion put more speed to things.

Upvote 0
A little OT but I think no ban for it here ;)

No I haven't seen it anywhere, only "basic" ARF5 (in our repository), but this version uses unique camo and probably (strong feeling) custom system files so I'm sure that it will un-whitelist running server. Beside we are not "ripping" maps from any server (without permission) so if ever I would add it to our maps I need one first.

Sorry i don't understand what you mean "A little OT but I think no ban for it here" what exactly do you mean?
I never asked you to rip anything off, i simply asked if you had heard of the map.

Upvote 0
Are you sure about that? I have in game server's configuration file RedOrchestra.ini this line:

MaxInternetClientRate=

That line is according to this a thing that means: "Maximum rate the server will transmit data to clients (applies to downloads as well)". So if that setting's value is increased, it should in my opinion put more speed to things.
Try it and see what happens, but i think the download rate is capped, and changing the client rate won't help.

Upvote 0
Sorry i don't understand what you mean "A little OT but I think no ban for it here" what exactly do you mean?
I never asked you to rip anything off, i simply asked if you had heard of the map.
Off-Topic ;) because the thread is the other map :D (rest of quote is exaggerated, as a joke :) )
I haven't taken it as request and I understood you well, so I answered. But if you have any contact with the "copyrights" owner and he/she agrees we can add this map to our repo (even by hunting it on servers but preferably by link to web-host ;p)

Upvote 0
Some updates for this

Some updates for this

This Fuhrerbunker project has been updated a bit, but new version is not yet released. At the moment I've managed to build a ground level for players to access. In ground level there's night and everything is a bit bleak. Players in Russian and in German side have their own exit tunnels. Before new version is released, I'll have to adjust some capzones and fix bugs and such... Here's some new screenshots. :eek:

Upvote 0
New version is now ready to be played. Map can be downloaded from here and fresh screenshots can be found from here. Here's some details about this map:

• Half of both teams will spawn now outside of bunker. This will empty bunker a bit as people can do things outside.
  • Both teams have 1 tank / tank destroyer. (They won't respawn, there's just one in both side.)
  • All objectives can be capped only once, so this might be either very nice or very bad choice. :p
  • Some doors can be destroyed with grenades, panzerfausts...
  • Some doorways inside bunker have been made larger.
  • I've tried to optimize map by putting a handful of antiportals in places that they might be useful. Also things have now distance culling and some static meshes have been merged into bigger mesh groups.
  • Overview map has been changed. Players should notice when looking at situation map that fighting is done in underground and in ground level.
If that map works, it would be very nice if some of you could play it a bit and tell if there's bugs etc.

Upvote 0