• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To the TWI staff: thanks for the gungame fun yesterday.

I am so unsure about this... not to sound rude but... everything about it yells..."NOT WHAT KILLING FLOOR IS ABOUT!"

For this to be an official move, E.G.This is your new gamemode ...owe... it turns my brain just thinking about it...

I gingerly await more information on this...

There isn't an emoticon face to describe my emotion right now... just... my face is looking down at the palm of my hand which is edging closer...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I think the crosshair should probably go. And I really wouldn't like it if it had health regen or anything of the sort.

Does look interesting however. I often wondered what a kf-style deathmatching thing which somehow implemented the trader and the unique healing style and possibly the classes would be like.

Sort of like cs but with much more satisfying weapons.

Upvote 0
Well this is from the youtube video's description, note in bold

Youtube Description that noone ever reads said:
So John Gibson (the president of Tripwire Interactive, creators of Killing Floor) invited us to play on their development server to test out what essentially is a team deathmatch game mode in the style of gungame mods from games like Counter-Strike.

This is not a new game mode for Killing Floor, it is a demonstration. Just making that clear.

Enjoy twenty minutes of the experience, all-new, never before seen, etc.

Also, I tried to commentate the video when I played the game, but all the metal music and sound effects drowned out my voice. Sorry.

I also haven't played Killing Floor in like a solid year, so yeah, I sucked balls at this.

So I don't think there is anything we should be concerned about, and even if it were to be added to the game, would a new optional Versus mode be such a bad thing for KF really? :)

Classes would be hilarious. I can't think of anything more LoL than a Support snipe spraying people with the AA-12 or Sharpshooter scoring an Xbow Headshot for a casual 2800 damage xD

Last edited:
Reactions: badastle
Upvote 0
So I don't think there is anything we should be concerned about, and even if it were to be added to the game, would a new optional Versus mode be such a bad thing for KF really? :)

Like I said, I await the information, Yoshiro wouldn't post what he said if it wasn't something to do with the xmas update... not after he's already said on facebook that we'll hear more about the update later, thats just insane to think they aren't linked.

To answer the second part, if this gamemode was made a modder, I'd probably wouldn't have a problem, modders make all kinds of crazy stuff for games, but if it turns out that its official, it totally conflicts with what Killing Floor is about.

If I wanted to play team death match or a gun game, I'd load Call Of Duty Black ops up and play.

If I want to slay some horror game creatures with guns and sharp instruments, I'd load Killing Floor up.

It don't fit however you look at the puzzle picture.

BUT! we still don't know what it is adn what the plans are, so until we do, we can't judge.

But on first glances... palm to face time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was made by a modder, who happens to have a day job at Tripwire.

I see I see...

I don't want to offend you or any of TWI Yoshiro, I think the support you've shown KF is impressive to say the least...

But... I'm still twitchy on the details of this, I just... can't lower the palm of my hand yet... I'm still sketchy...

My question is... why take such an interest in this "mod", when there has been a handful of others that haven't even been sniffed at... there is obviously something very special about this mod in particular that has TWIs fancy no?

I...I just don't think the future looks bright from this angle...

But I am not going to count my chickens just yet, who knows, a few more eggs may hatch.

PS. I think this modder has played too much Call Me Fruity and not enough Killing The Door

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Btw, I understand that this is intended to be some kind of social experiment and not quite for the game, but may I ask what this experiment is actually aiming for? Or is this information you'd like to keep quiet? :confused: Either way, I'm quite curious about it, and interested in it. :IS2:

Aint that just the golden question...

Palm...Face... iz prepared!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this gungame option would be better adopted into a system which temporarily raised your perks or changed them, for example killing a certain amount of stalkers gives you a bullpup and changes your perk to commando or if you keep killing stalkers you go up to a higher perk, just much more faster. Your guns change. However if you kill a certain amount of husks or start getting alot of kills with knives your class changes to the class that would be most accustomed to.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
I think this gungame option would be better adopted into a system which temporarily raised your perks

10:57: Wasted on you then...cheats already bumped you up to level 6 in everything no? Kenny Kenny Kenny...tick tock, tick tock...

10:58: O...der goes your thready...wait for it...ban time... I hear the Ban Hammer Warming up...

10:59:
And He's outta there!

Back to topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
10:57: Wasted on you then...cheats already bumped you up to level 6 in everything no? Kenny Kenny Kenny...tick tock, tick tock...

10:58: O...der goes your thready...wait for it...ban time... I hear the Ban Hammer Warming up...

10:59:
And He's outta there!

Back to topic.

He's somewhat right though, I think.

I mean, if there hypothetically was an optional deathmatch mode, everyone would need to be at the same level, no?

Upvote 0
So I'm the guy that is making this mod. It is just something I decided to do in my spare time and isn't officially sanctioned by TWI. After playing a little bit of Gun Game in Counterstrike Source with one of the guys at the office I thought it might be fun to see what it would be like to play a Gun Game style mode with Killing Floor Weapons and weapon functionality. So I coded up a version one weekend, played it a bit with a few friends, discovered it was indeed very fun, and have been refining it since then in my spare time.

This is NOT meant to really "fit in" with Killing Floor. The player movement is significantly faster, it has a crosshair, and it is just all about fast paced action and getting lots of frags. Or to sum it up this way - it is just crazy silly fun. There is not deeper meaning than that to all of this :)

The premise is very simple - you spawn with a weaker weapon, and every kill you get instantly switches you to a more powerful weapon. You work your way up through the list until you get to the final weapon (currently the Katana). The first person to work their way up and get the final kill wins the match. There are two teams, but it isn't really very team oriented. It is actually even more chaotic and generally more fast paced than even traditional team deathmatch.

This may or may not become official depending upon how the community takes to it. My plan is to just release it unofficially first and see what happens. This is one of those you kind of have to keep an open mind about. I'll quote one of the F7 guys that was on the server last night:
"I asked my buddy to come play and he said that the game type sounded kind of lame. Then he jumped on and played and said 'wow this is actually really fun!'" :)

Upvote 0
Awesome Ramm

If you're interested, a variation of gun game I really liked was making it so you start with the strongest weapons, like a LAW, and slowly work your way down to the weapons that are hardest to get a kill with, e.g. the machete. Once someone gets a kill with that final weapon then the game is over and they win. (obviously a multi kill only would only pass them onto the next weapon, not put them 2 or 3 weapons down the line)

That way at the end of the game players are frantically trying to get their last kill to win, while getting shot at by the players that haven't yet got that far. It means that if 1 player is really good and the rest are not so good, then the top guy isn't always ahead of the rest of the group getting easy frags :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome Ramm

If you're interested, a variation of gun game I really liked was making it so you start with the strongest weapons, like a LAW, and slowly work your way down to the weapons that are hardest to get a kill with, e.g. the machete. Once someone gets a kill with that final weapon then the game is over and they win. (obviously a multi kill only would only pass them onto the next weapon, not put them 2 or 3 weapons down the line)

That way at the end of the game players are frantically trying to get their last kill to win, while getting shot at by the players that haven't yet got that far. It means that if 1 player is really good and the rest are not so good, then the top guy isn't always ahead of the rest of the group getting easy frags :)

So we can have "gun game" and "reverse gun game"?

Sounds nice. :IS2:

Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0