• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Map button destroys hud.

barakas

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Not sure what causes this to happen, but occasionally when I'm playing, if I hit the map button (currently Tab for me), then all on screen hud will disappear. Including text, and the map and scoreboard will no longer display on button presses.

I don't see anything anyone types and I can't see what I type (although other people can still recieve message that i type blind)

This will reset every round (i get the hud back), but if I press the map button again it will dissappear all hud again until the next round.

I actually like it in a way, as it gives me the "0 hud" mode that I want, however, not being able to access map or see who is capping what makes playing properly difficult, as well as not being able to see "magazine is close to empty" messages.

Are you getting this on Countdown or is it on another game type? Also, if this does occur on Countdown do you play the Commander role and have you taken control of any bots before this occurred?

I've had it on TE and Countdown (i think).

Last time it happened I was a commander and I did take control of a bot (it was on commisars house).

Have you had this before?

Upvote 0