• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WW1-type modifier?

Serrow

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2011
I'm not completely certain this is the right place to post this thread, but I'll have a go. :IS2:

I was curious if there was any interest in setting up a match in which the game was centered around a world war one scenario, namely, where 90% of players would be wielding hefty bolt-action rifles, with but a few with SMGs, and one sniper.

To clarify, I'm aware that the Iron Europe mod is currently in development, but I doubt we'll be seeing much of that for months to come. I'm also aware that RO2 wasn't designed with this in mind, but bear with me. :)

I saw an advertisement for a pistols-only server around here roughly a month back, which was managed in a password-protected server. It seemed popular for a time, but slowly lost interest as people left the game. Still, when my last group had a server, we experimented with a bolts-only game-mode that was very well-received.

It made me think - if any server-owners or clans are interested, perhaps they could try out a similar game-mode, in which both sides loadouts might follow something along the lines of : One Commander, One Squad-leader, 2 Machine-gunners (Or perhaps limit it to stationary MGs only.) And the rest bolt-actions.

Obviously this would require a bit of coordination and pre-planning, to insure that it wasn't ruined by general trolling and lack of planning, but some maps would probably be a lot of fun with this sort of setup. Namely Fallenfighters. Other maps might work fairly well, but the close-up ones such as Apartments or Station might not be as suitable. (Even if it -would- be entertaining to see assaults made with mostly bolt-actions.)

This is of course, just a silly idea to breathe some life into the game while we wait for updates and additional maps, just kicking it out to see if anyone would be interested. :)

I was curious if there was any interest in setting up a match in which the game was centered around a world war one scenario, namely, where 90% of players would be wielding hefty bolt-action rifles, with but a few with SMGs, and one sniper.
Wait, don't you mean what roughly should be WWII gameplay? ;)

Upvote 0
Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0